FullSix Carbon Fiber

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Javlin

Reaction score
Im about to place an order for tank fairing, fairing cover and a chain cover from FullSix. I need to make the order up to get a bit more discount so I was thinking of adding a rear mudguard, I notice from the pictures that is has a squarer profile from the OEM plastic one and its also available with or without the hole. Has anyone had one of these and what did they think about the square shape and would you go with or with out the hole.

Go without the hole, you dont need it and it keeps the back cleaner without it.

I'd recommend the hugger / chainguard one piece if fullsix do them.

Have you asked APM Project for their best price on the basket you are building, they are a full six supplier.

I've just fitted FullSix carbon to my 2015. I went for the hugger without the hole too and in reality it looks great. Took an age to get it as I was told they don't supply many so it had to be made especially as it wasn't an off the shelf item. Overall, can't fault the quality of the parts and it did attract a healthy discount so thanks to Albert for sorting all this. The only issue I had was one of the petrol tank side covers, the tabs that fit under the tank cover didn't line up and so it didn't fit. Problem resolved though as they just sent another.

Lovely job there Billo. I have a part coming from Full Six which was a long lead too due to them being swamped - the problem with success!!

Thanks for that pictures look really smart, think ill go like yours without the hole. Purchasing from APM.

thanks all,

Yes well please with it all. I got a bit carried away with the carbon as I only wanted a hugger without the hole at first and then couldn't resist these too, with APM discount as well of course...

thanks all,

Yes well please with it all. I got a bit carried away with the carbon as I only wanted a hugger without the hole at first and then couldn't resist these too, with APM discount as well of course...

Blimey your chain's in good nick, is that the original or is it APM too!!

From the pieces i bought off Albert i would say that they are a little more than companies like Jap4 and the Carbon King etc but about 30 to 40 % cheaper than Illmberger. However as Albert will tell you the Fullsix is top notch carbon. I am sure the prices differ depending on how much you order. He gave me about 10% off for the ?250 i spent on parts for the clutch, engine etc but this would have been increased if i had spent more. I will only buy Fullsix now i have seen Illmberger and Fullsix next to each other on the bike. Albert sent me a link to the Fullsix brochure, there is some great stuff on there like a carbon fuel tank and side stand that i have never seen listed anywhere else.

Why I asked was that I just took my bike for its service and the sales man and fitter thought it was BMW carbon until the fitter said there was no BMW markings on the back, but the quality was a match for the BMW. I got all mine from Jap4 for less than the BMW airbox cover then a 10% discount on top, there are some really good quality products about with out having to sign your soil over to the devil.

Dean

image_zpsajmcqd4f.jpeg

Carbon fuel tank next ?

Yes that would be nice to get the bike looking like the one on the Full Six website. But it's a fine line, use cash to bling it up or use the cash to put fuel in the tank, use the bike and go touring.

Blimey your chain's in good nick, is that the original or is it APM too!!

I know I'm a bit anal about the chain, it's the original and had just been cleaned before this pic. It always gets a paraffin wash followed by a coating of Wurth dry lube.

I'm impressed, just binned mine as it looks horrible despite more attention than I've ever given a chain, hopefully the new one's going to stay smart a bit longer :p

Back