Forum Meet June 18th

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacRR

Reaction score
Soof's asked me to pull together a forum meet up on Sunday June 18th, the day prior to the BMW track day at Cadwell - an excellent opportunity to put faces to names, have some banter and take in some good roads. The meet point will be somewhere in South Lincs, but probably Chris Walker Kawasaki in Grantham, yes I know we ride S1000RR's but it's a) 30 secs off th A1, b) close to excellent Lincs roads, c) MCN dealer of the year 2016 and d) has an excellent indoor cafe which all bikers are welcome to use.
I'll firm the plan up as the date gets closer but loosely we'll meet up at 10.30ish for a brew/buttie/chat and allow time for the guys there to fix Alex's bike... :)
Then go for spin for an hour or so, get lunch somewhere and then have a further blat up to Cadwell, where there may well be a track day on (there often is on a Sunday - I'll find out nearer the time) so if there is those who haven't been there before can sample the delights of the circuit caff..... which is located next to 'the mountain' and also get a look at the track. Then from there everyone can do there own thing, I will be happy to lead anyone who doesn't know where they are back to civilisation as it is in the middle of nowhere..
I appreciate it's a while to go but get the date down in your diaries, post up if you think you'll be going and I can start to get a feel for how many we'll need to cater for.

Cheers MacRR

Alex's bike, lol, so true...

Thanks MacRR. I will be there. Riding down from York first thing that morning then staying near Louth on Sunday and attending the trackday on Monday. If anyone wants to tag along with me please do :).

I'll tag along aswell soof, dont think i'll be able to swing another overnight stay away though (motocrossing in wales april, benidorm may and vegas august all with the boys)
So i'll just blast home from cadwell. Sounds like a good day though, look forward to it

Bit far for me Soof.. but if the weathers good and I can slip a few days away unnoticed I may come down..

Sent from Galaxy S7

I'm happy to head from the South on the Saturday. Stay in Lincs Sat night, sunday, then head to Cadwell.

Amit and other southerners, we could get people to rendezvous on the A12 - we could then bomb up the Essex, Suffolk, Cambs, Norfolk roads to Lincolnshire....

Sounds like a plan for sure.....

Are you doing the track day too?

Is there still space left for track day beginners?

I'm happy to head from the South on the Saturday. Stay in Lincs Sat night, sunday, then head to Cadwell.

Amit and other southerners, we could get people to rendezvous on the A12 - we could then bomb up the Essex, Suffolk, Cambs, Norfolk roads to Lincolnshire....

How will the bike insurance work for this... I am sure that my says "Not Insured for Track Day Use".... but it is "Rider Perfection" ....?

Ride at your own risk basically generally everyone there is uninsured. Number of crashes on these days are very very low. If you don't crash on the road, the track should be a piece of cake.

The Cadwell day is already over half booked up so I'd recommend getting on with it you fancy it. Immortal - as Alex says, crashes are very rare, nearly always rider error. These particular trackdays are aimed primarily at beginners and the pace in the novice group is very steady. As it is roadbike only, everyone has a vested interest in being able to ride their bikes home, don't worry.

Bit far for me Soof.. but if the weathers good and I can slip a few days away unnoticed I may come down..

Sent from Galaxy S7

I'm having to give the TT a miss this year so I will make this a wee trip away. Stuart, I can take my brickies transit down with two HP4's in the back:chuncky:

We can make it a romantic trip away if it makes you feel special, I'll only subject you to non stop Kylie and Bronski Beat on the way down. You can choose the music on the way back up the road whilst I bask in the afterglow, LOL.

Come on big man............. you know you want to.

JimmyMac

Last edited:
Back