Forged wheel cleaning

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flatstick

Reaction score
Hi,
Have been on a bit of a busman's holiday for the past 2 weeks working for Honda World Endurance in Portimao. Driving the truck and wheelman. Part of the job is stripping and cleaning the wheels after the pit stops - I have looked on here for the thread about your difficulties cleaning the forged wheels and thought I'd just recommend the Motul product that we were using (ps I'm not on commission from Motul!) - it seemed to bring them up like new after a week of testing and racing - I'll put pictures up of the product.

Dean

image_zps6e5xipok.jpeg

image_zpsikuedb5z.jpeg

image_zpsbhnhtjsj.jpeg

image_zpswgcu5a9l.jpeg

Great pics Flatstick, nice gig you had going on there! I use that Motul cleaner on my wheels, it does a great job and smells good too!

Great pics Flatstick and thanks for posting about the motul stuff, I will get some for my GSA wheels that have the same matt finish as the forged wheels. So does it taste good too lol. :)

Yep thats the stuff, spray on, rub in with a damp cloth / sponge, sniff in(!) and rinse off

Last edited:
As above, I just used a rag to rub it in then buff it of with a clean one

Ye mate 3rd, and might be going to Suzuka for the 8 hour if the the others lad can't get time of work as they only need one tyre man out there. Was a lot to learn but got easy as week went on, fronts were 90c and 2.3bar and rears 100c and 1.4 bar

Lol I find out tomoz I hope, I went to the Bmw garage in all the honda gear and when I was talking to the fitters the boss came and put the door down on me!!

Latest posts

Back