Fitting Evotech Tail Tidy

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ApUhtred

Reaction score
Hello just got one of the above and will be fitting it this weekend. Bike is a 2012 s1000rr. Any advice looks simple enough?

Regards Steve

Hello just got one of the above and will be fitting it this weekend. Bike is a 2012 s1000rr. Any advice looks simple enough?

Regards Steve

Simple, instructions are on their website, just make sure you cut the wires in the right place and you cant go wrong

Fitted and looks great. Was not happy with the crimps supplied so solderd the wires. Would advise anyone fiting one of these to get hold of a soldering iron first.

Regards Steve

Thought I'd bump this thread rather than starting a new one...

Can the Evotech be fitted without having to cut any wires? Or can you use OEM connectors? I'm not overly keen on cutting wires as I'd like the ability to put the bike back to standard if required.

The only wires you have to cut are the one for the number plate light, if memory serves me well bullet connectors are supplied, its a dead easy job to do tidily and would be equally easy to put back to standard neatly if for some reason you wanted to.

I fitted one on my 2015 and can confirm that you need to cut the two number plate wires, no big deal and can still put it back to original by using bullet connectors. The only thing I noticed was that when I wired up the light as per the instructions the light never came on. When I reversed the wiring it worked (LED needs to be wired correctly as it is a diode and current can only flow one way) so the Evotech instructions are wrong for the 2015 loom colours.

Anyone know what size Torx or Torx plus it is for the three screws holding the tail piece on?

I might be missing something blindingly obvious but i have the original tail unit off but I can't get the indicators apart to remove the wires as per the evotech instructions. Can anyone help me out. Do they just prise apart? I'm reluctant to force anything and can't see any screws.

I don't know about the evotech instructions but the led side indicators are sealed one piece units. I don't think you should ever need to open them up as it would likely bust them.

Just checked my bike, you don't remove the indicator wires at all, you simply unplug them feed them through the tail tidy and plug them back in, the only wires you have to cut and shut are the ones for the number plate lamp, make sure you cut them in the right place ie not too short. Any further questions shout and I'll look at mine.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back