Fitting carbon frame covers.

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does the tank,fairings and footrests need to come off to fit the frame covers and swingarm covers?

Side fairings I think was all that was needed to be removed to fit the covers.

I'm doing this today with Alpha's. I'll photo and upload as best I can. This is my first go, taking on board what others have said.

I'm doing this today with Alpha's. I'll photo and upload as best I can. This is my first go, taking on board what others have said.

Fairplay,appreciate that.
i will be hopefully tackling it myself over the weekend.

Carbon Fibre Frame Protectors

They are easy to fit. Just remove the fairings and make sure that the frame is clean before applying the silicone adhesive. Depending on which version you have bought you may have to unplug the regulator as they fit behind it. It's also worth tie wrapping the carbon fibre frame protectors in place and leaving for 24 hrs to ensure that they remain firmly fixed in position.

Re: Carbon Fibre Frame Protectors

They are easy to fit. Just remove the fairings and make sure that the frame is clean before applying the silicone adhesive. Depending on which version you have bought you may have to unplug the regulator as they fit behind it. It's also worth tie wrapping the carbon fibre frame protectors in place and leaving for 24 hrs to ensure that they remain firmly fixed in position.

Will alcahol wipes do the trick for cleaning down the frame??

Tie Wraps...........................mans best friend.

Great tip,thanks.

Carbon Fibre Frame Protectors

It doesn't really matter what you use, just as long as the frame is clean and dry before you fit them.

Carbon frame protectors installed on the S1000rr today,bit of filing and shaving involved,but they are a good fit.

Is it the same for the swing arm covers....alcahol wipes and then silicone sealant?

I used black Tec 7 on the frame covers.

Carbon Fibre Swingarm Protectors

The process is exactly the same for fitting swingarm protectors.

Thats the Ilmberger frame protectors.
Ive heard the Alpha carbon stuff is top notch.

Would have expected a perfect fit with the Ilmberger stuff,considering the high price.

Re: Carbon Fibre Swingarm Protectors

The process is exactly the same for fitting swingarm protectors.

Gonna use clear Tec 7 on the swingarm tomorrow.

How do hold them on while they silicone is curing?

Masking tape,ratchet straps around both swingarm protectors?

Gonna use clear Tec 7 on the swingarm tomorrow.

How do hold them on while they silicone is curing?

Masking tape,ratchet straps around both swingarm protectors?

When I fitted mine it was easy to find 'things' to wedge between the covers and the rear sets and whatever else to keep them snug in the tricky places. I think I also used a clamp across the top of the swingarm to hold them tight.

When I fitted mine it was easy to find 'things' to wedge between the covers and the rear sets and whatever else to keep them snug in the tricky places. I think I also used a clamp across the top of the swingarm to hold them tight.

Thanks for the tips

Latest posts

Back