First Sports bike at 54 !!

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Javlin

Reaction score
Recently brought a 2015 S1000RR at the good old age of 54. This is my first sports bike, I had a bike when I was 17 then a 30 year break - Triumph Bonnie - Triumph Tiger - BMW RT - BMW K1300 Sport and now the S1RR. I loved the K1300 but wanted something a bit lighter also missed cruise control and although I could quick shift up it wasn't assisted going down, then my mate of a similar age who I do most of my riding with announced he'd brought a fireblade so it was off to the BMW dealer 😑

Fantastic, welcome and enjoy the new bike!
I hit the limiter the other day while pinning it in 3rd, it certainly scrambles your senses and keeps you feeling young :angel:

Welcome, I purchased my first BMW 4 weeks ago and all I can say between smiles is WOW!! :Banane19: Enjoy and keep rubber side down :encouragement:

Recently brought a 2015 S1000RR at the good old age of 54. This is my first sports bike, I had a bike when I was 17 then a 30 year break - Triumph Bonnie - Triumph Tiger - BMW RT - BMW K1300 Sport and now the S1RR. I loved the K1300 but wanted something a bit lighter also missed cruise control and although I could quick shift up it wasn't assisted going down, then my mate of a similar age who I do most of my riding with announced he'd brought a fireblade so it was off to the BMW dealer 

A mere babe in arms :) Once you re calibrate yr brain it's an awesome machine !!

Recently brought a 2015 S1000RR at the good old age of 54. This is my first sports bike, I had a bike when I was 17 then a 30 year break - Triumph Bonnie - Triumph Tiger - BMW RT - BMW K1300 Sport and now the S1RR. I loved the K1300 but wanted something a bit lighter also missed cruise control and although I could quick shift up it wasn't assisted going down, then my mate of a similar age who I do most of my riding with announced he'd brought a fireblade so it was off to the BMW dealer 

Welcome mate, you're Fireblade riding pal will soon realise he bought the wrong bike! :cocksure:

Welcome along. Have the list of bikes been since you came back to biking?
Have you ever had additional training since coming back?

Thanks guys, no l haven't had any additional training and this new beast is going to take me a while to tame !!

I highly recommend i2imca.com days and Safe Rider/Bike Safe (title changes by region) from the Police/Council to give you better control and confidence of any motorbike.
Bike Safe is 2 class room evenings and ~5hrs on a 3rd day.
Machine Control (i2i) 1/3/5 are all whole days on an airfield.
So 4 days of training in total. I want to go again having done the lot on my old bike.

I did do the Bike Safe course when I first got back on a bike (I'd forgot) I found it to be really usfull the coppers that did the training were really nice guys. A lady that had her son killed came and gave a talk about the concequences to the ones you leave behind it was extremely emotional. I will look into the i2i so thanks for that.

Great choice of bike and age does not matter as long as you enjoy it. I may look into the bike safe course as heard plenty of good reports on them.

Hi Javelin, your never too old, I look 21 when encased in leather and dark visor, feel 81 some mornings.
Welcome and enjoy.

JimmyMac

Back