First S1K, after a long time wanting one

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coxale

Reaction score
Hello all!

Picked up my new (to me) S1K at the weekend, after wanting one since I first saw one in 2010.

Did a 100 mile ride home and absolutely love it already! Can't wait to get some track days booked in [emoji16]

53a07915955c0fee0798e4fe32f0ce2e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can anyone tell me of any known issues I should look out for with the 2012 model. I've just been reading about some issues with side stands and rear sprockets.

Anything else I should look out for?

Cheers

Welcome to the forum and as Alex said, congratulations on making your dream a reality!

I hope you have many miles of smiles onboard your new steed :).

Models made between September 2011 and April 2012 had to have the conrod bolts replaced because the robot in the factory never set them to the right torque, affected around 500 bikes that had been sold worldwide. Thats the exact year and colour scheme that seduced me into the BMW fold, still have a massive soft spot for the colour.

Welcome to the site Coxale, your bike is pretty bombproof and an absolute stunner, see it already has the Gilles levers and rearsets. Nice.

JimmyMac

Last edited:
Yup, The last owner defo loved that bike,

Enjoy and welcome

Welcome chum, love the bike.

How tall are you - you look a giant in that photo! :)

rgds

Aha you caught me, it's just a Daytona dressed up as an S1K [emoji23]

Seriously though, I'm only 5'11". Not sure why I look so gangly [emoji848]

Latest posts

Back