First proper run

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loupe

Reaction score
What a fab day, not a cloud in the sky and I put the miles on so I can get rid of the stupid limiter.

Marzy said the bike plastics were made of cheese but I reckon my kids Easter eggs were tougher.
couldnt really get up and down the box too much because of the limiter but it turns in very well and shaping up nicely.
Theres a hole in the mirror and a crack in the rear seat plastics so more woes and niggles to annoy me.

Glad you managed to get out in the good weather, thats not good about the plastics though. I assume you will be heading beck to the dealer, is this a common problem?

Yep was a good run. I'm not sure but someone may tell me if this is a common problem?

The mirror was a stone but the seat is obviously a problem. I'm 5"6 and 11 stone (pure muscle) cough.:excitement:
So not down to me being too heavy for the seat??

Wasn't a problem for my 2012 and I have not heard anyone complain before. Maybe 2015 is different plastic ?

Come to think of it,The mirror may have been a midge as the plastics are so soft.

The more I hear of problems with this bike the more I wonder if I've done the right thing in buying it. I saw it at the NEC and loved it then read the reviews in mcn and decided that's for me. My 20th anniversary blade went today and having owned that since new (2and half years ) and my 09 before that ( almost 3 and half years ) I never had an issue with any of them. I know this is a new model and it's gonna have teething troubles but I really didn't xpect to be reading as much negative stuff as I have done. Now, this isn't a pop at anyone who has reported problems with it. I expected all or certainly most reviews to be about how great this bike is not endless problems. Ok, yes it does come with a warranty but it's a pain in the arse having to continually take it back as especially at over ?15 grand.

Just to add , I don't pick the bike up till mid May and at this point only paid ?500 deposit.

I've come from a blade too, getting a little bit cheesed off with the growing list but yes most are niggles which will be fixed and I suppose expected with a new model.
A blade was out with me today same as my old one and I was saying to him that my RR is nice but not 3 times as good given three times the price of the blade.
Real road riding on public roads I wouldn't imagine there's much in it but it turns in better and the blade was superb for that. Yes it will pull more when the limiter is off but there's not many times I maxed the blade.
I managed to get to the edge of the tyre today which is bloody hard with the 200 wide rear on the twisties and not able to go up and down the box because of the limiter so I'm looking forward to throwing it in more when it's lifted.

Am I having buyers remorse?

NO WAY. I love it! :triumphant::triumphant:

I've done a lap of the Peak District today and dropped in to watch Superbike qualifying at Donington on the way home, bike was superb, comfortable, tyres scrubbed to the edge, cruise control great on those crappy average speed camera governed bits of road,the only thing I've noticed is that it doesn't like shifting from 2nd to 3rd with the quickshifter if you're poodling, a few revs sorts that and its not dissimilar to how my '13 RR behaved, otherwise the gearbox is superb - I love the autoblipper. Bodywork absolutely fine on my bike so while one or two people may have experienced some bad luck with theirs I'd unreservedly recommend getting a '15 RR.

Last edited:
I've done a lap of the Peak District today and dropped in to watch Superbike qualifying at Donington on the way home, bike was superb, comfortable, tyres scrubbed to the edge, cruise control great on those crappy average speed camera governed bits of road,the only thing I've noticed is that it doesn't like shifting from 2nd to 3rd with the quickshifter if you're poodling, a few revs sorts that and its not dissimilar to how my '13 RR behaved, otherwise the gearbox is superb - I love the autoblipper. Bodywork absolutely fine on my bike so while one or two people may have experienced some bad luck with theirs I'd unreservedly recommend getting a '15 RR.

I was out on mine yesterday and I have same exact issue with 2nd to 3rd, it just don't wanna go up so I just find myself accelerating more while trying to get it in, if I roll off slightly then it'll go, tends to happen around 4K revs. If I accelerate harder and above 4K sometimes it'll change and other times it will work and others it wont. It's a pain in the arse but I've only done 400 mile so still getting use to it I guess. Absolutely love it though.

Totally agree with you Mac, 1st good blast out this morning since the limiter was removed around owlerton and Newark and then back into Sheffield and I've got to say it's feckin awesome. I've had no problems or niggles whatsoever with my 2015 bike and my previous rr. One guy who was out with us today has just got his 3 year old 5000 mile r1 back after spending ?1400 on a new crank and con rods, Yamaha wouldn't even entertain a goodwill warranty claim, another mate has had his 1199s in the dealers for 3 weeks trying to cure an electrical fault, Reliability issues plagues every manufacturer in one way or another but the BM in my opinion is an awesome bike.

Changing from my 'sorted' 2010 this '15 is the mutts nuts. My ONLY reservation at the moment is there is a delay shifting up through the box, everything else seems good, snett on tues so will have a better idea feeling overall.

I'm coming off a 2012 blade and have to say the bmw is a far superior bike to the blade .
Like has been said every manufacturer has it's problems including Honda ...... ABS problems levers to the bars
cam chain tensioners failing, paint on the tank very thin, and don't forget they drink oil like a camel drinks water at an oasis !!
plus to get one with some decent gear on ( brembo etc ) you need ?15 k and the other downside is the SP only comes in orange !!!
so in short I'm a convert :)

Good to read some positive vibes. I'm going for a test ride next weekend and I'll see what it's like. And rr ew , I've never had a bother in 6 years of ownership of my 2 blades with any of the problems you stated, neither of mine were abs though.

I never had problems with mine, but if you read the forums and reviews they are all mentioned these problems, much the same on here about the BMW, what I'm saying is go for don't worry about, look after it service it, keep it clean and thrash the nuts of it and it'll be fine :)

That's the reason I went for the BM over another blade. ?15k and no rider aids?
Mine had ABS and it was always in the back of the mind when you pulled the brake that it could fail.
Ill take some niggles with the BM any day over brake failure.

I've come from 2 blades, a 2013 rr to this 15. Awesome bike. Just everything about it is fantastic. The ride with the ddc, the brakes with the abs, the different modes and traction control all work to help a mear mortal like me. And it has heated grips and cruise!! The box is good but gets much better with miles and i dont think any bike with a qs likes plodding along. My last blade refused to change gear with the clutch! I've lost a screw out of the Fairing so far - thats it in 1200 miles

Been using my S1000 15 with HP Data logger around Cornwall over the weekend. An amazing bike it is and by f.....g Christ does this thing shift when it hits 12000. Loupe the guy I told you about has some new mirrors for you bike.

Latest posts

Back