Few Questions - 2015 RR

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CDPDesign

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Hi All,

I've a few questions about my 2015 RR'

First one, I've fitted a R&G Tail Tidy. TBH, I'm not the most supple, and have caught my foot on rear indicators a few times when getting on. The stock LED indicators are spot on, but if you catch them on the R&G, they bend and the retaining tab comes out which after a few times wears it down and makes it a bit loose.

I've looked all over for some stubby indicators, but can't find anything that takes my eye. My remit is they must be plug and play, LED and bright. Any ideas? I've thought of the integrated tail light/indicator unit, but I had one of these on my K6 GSXR750 and i got a tug for it not being 'legal' so would rather not risk it on the S-Thou.

Secondly, I have a PCV fitted, and have bought an autotune. It was a bit of a bargain on ebay, so an impulsive buy. Has anyone fitted an autotune to a 15> bike, if so, where did you fit the weld in bung for the sensor? I was tild it really needs to go where the pipes link to get a better tune, but this leaves very little room... I want to stick with the stock pipes, mainly for noise reasons. Currently have a Racefit Black Edition fitted, so as the stock system is 99db at 6500rpm (or similar) removing the cats will get me off track days permanently I think!

Cheers in advance :)

Last edited:
In real fine grained tuning you'd have a WB02 (Wide-Band Oxygen (thats what the Auto-tune is)) sensor in each cylinder header to check the burn of all 4 individually. However our application isn't that critical.

I'd say if you're reading the gasses of 2 cylinders then that would be enough so I'd weld the boss where 2 cylinders meet. ie where 1&2 join up. Or in the main collector. But not any further from the engine than that as readings are best taken closer to the block.

Last edited:
Autotune, tries to make on the fly adjustments to your PCV map so you hit a specific targetted AFR. It's probably of most use if you and the bike change altitude often.

Dynojet Auto Tune

If you have access to a reputable Dyno tuner in your area you shouldn't really need to fit an Auto Tune kit. Nothing beats a custom map bespoke for your bike.

Latest posts

Back