Fault code 21FD32

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vro551

Reaction score
Lately the engine fault light hasn't been turning off, the bike still run but its low on power and restricted to around 7k rpm. Its an intermittent fault, and the diagnostic tool is recording a camshaft sensor input signal. Anyone else had this on their gen3?

I will order the sensor, and check, as I said it doesnt happen all the time. Guess if it was mechanical it wouldn't be intermittent

I will order the sensor, and check, as I said it doesnt happen all the time. Guess if it was mechanical it wouldn't be intermittent

Not entirely, your timing could be out ever so slightly due to CCT, timing chain etc and only show up at certain rpm. I had a CCT fail on me which caused premature wear on the cam chain causing the timing to be out by about one tooth, it ran perfectly fine but would lose power at 10k as if it was hitting the limiter, but it wouldn?t happen all the time, it then reduced down to 8k then I found the problem.

If it were me I?d check the timing before purchasing any sensors as you can check timing etc without having to spend any money, you?ll be able to see if it?s out slightly, it?ll just take time to get at it.

My case is different, the fault comes on as soon as i turn the key, engine still not running. After the initial powering up of the gauges the warning light should turn off, on mine sometimes it remains on, and the engine still cranks and start.

Latest posts

Back