farewell s1000rr

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StuOnTwo

Reaction score
Well it's time to trade my bike in, I've enjoyed it thoroughly and am super sad to see it go.... really never felt like this about anything I've owned....

I just hope the bike I'm picking up lives up to what I've had before...

pickup a 2014 R in a week, time to try a naked.

Good luck with the new bike stu. Why the change if you like the bike so much?

I think you'll be back to the rr soon :).

Good luck with the new bike stu. Why the change if you like the bike so much?

I think you'll be back to the rr soon :).

Well mate I'm 19 stone, and my lower back has issues which basically translates into hip pain in my right hip. I'm on a diet to lose weight, but my best mate who rides a fireblade and is bloody good on it made me realise that I should stop trying to be him, and just develop my own riding style, something thats hard to do if you're in discomfort. You're right maybe I will be back on a sports bike and I will definately miss my bike but for now I'm going to try something just a little bit more comfortable, hopefully it helps me develop as a rider.

Well mate I'm 19 stone, and my lower back has issues which basically translates into hip pain in my right hip. I'm on a diet to lose weight, but my best mate who rides a fireblade and is bloody good on it made me realise that I should stop trying to be him, and just develop my own riding style, something thats hard to do if you're in discomfort. You're right maybe I will be back on a sports bike and I will definately miss my bike but for now I'm going to try something just a little bit more comfortable, hopefully it helps me develop as a rider.

Fair enough bud. You're absolutely right not wanting to 'be' another rider, do your own thing. Good luck with it and let us know how you get on.

XR1000 came past me at warp factor 9 on the A1 today, think they're going to be popular with a lot of people

XR1000 came past me at warp factor 9 on the A1 today, think they're going to be popular with a lot of people

Yea I was going to get the XR but every dealer I've rung has waiting lists until at least october.... Also as the bikes new the monthly payments are quite a bit steeper, I am hoping in a year or two I can get a second hand one for around the same as I'm paying for this 14 plate R with low miles.

The only thing I am scared of is that I'll get bored of it after a while, I have test ridden one, but in honesty just wondering if it will feel underwhelming compared to the RR ?

Don't do it! You are already having doubts. It will cost you more money to switch and then switch back . It sounds like you are going to do that anyway. Do some lower back exercises that will help as it does for me. I have had two vertebrae compression fractures and I still ride an HP 4. Trust me you will miss the RR.

Second to what Marky said, I got a triple back fracture two years ago parachuting, I now wear two neoprene supports to pull my belly and back together, which alleviates 90% of the pain. I think I would rather eat my own feet than part with my HP4. If you have the slightest doubt, wait. To be honest, it will feel underwhelming compared to the RR. As good as it will be its not an out and out racer.
As far as your riding style, we are all different, concentrate on beating your pain and enjoy your riding, maybe consider the comfort seat, they are very good.

The R looks like an after thought to me, I'd rather take the fairings of an RR, fit some higher bars and tack a couple of headlights on. At least you'd have the real deal engine wise.

Latest posts

Back