F**kers stole my bike

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fraggle

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
As the title says, my S1K has been taking by no good low life pond scum. And that's me being polite about them. Cut through the chain with a blowtorch from the looks of things.

Police were very quick in get here. I called them just after 1pm, got on the phone to Road Angel and by the time I'd finished that call they were knocking on the door. Unfortunately not much they can do with the getting prints or DNA from the wrecked chain and cover.

Please can I ask people to keep an eye out for a Motorsport with HP Akra, registration HY15 LFP. Any information would help.

Sorry to hear about that mate. What part of the country are you in?

Have you got a road angel tracker? What did they have to say?

Feel for you sir. Too many of these thefts happening.
If you have a tracker did they get to it quickly?

- Sent from Mobile

Assuming the tracker was working (I noticed mine wasn't and got it exchanged) then they must have either gotten to it on the bike or put the bike somewhere to dampen the signal. Any underground parking nearby?

- Sent from Mobile

Last edited:
Did they alert you that it had been stolen or did you notice it first?
Like Alex said underground parking stops the gps signal.. might be worth a look.. although it could be in a van in an underground car park.

Did they alert you that it had been stolen or did you notice it first?
Like Alex said underground parking stops the gps signal.. might be worth a look.. although it could be in a van in an underground car park.

Feel gutted for you pal. Will keep a look out in S London..... .... I would have thought that RA would have contacted you if there was motion without the ignition ..?

Feel gutted for you pal. Will keep a look out in S London..... .... I would have thought that RA would have contacted you if there was motion without the ignition ..?

But if they jammed a screwdriver in and turned it on, or hotwired it then RA wouldn't get an alert...

Indeed...
Assuming

• It had signal where it was parked
  • It was working
  • It wasn't on maintenance mode

Sorry to hear about this fella. Personally I wouldn't want the bike back. Will keep a look out on fleebay for anything that might be from your bike. Were there any other non standard parts fitted?

I hate hearing this, gutted for you, total c@#ts mate karma will get them.

I know your pain my blade was stolen in January and even though I found out who did it, police did feck all worst thing was it was off road and not insured

Sorry to hear about this fella. Personally I wouldn't want the bike back. Will keep a look out on fleebay for anything that might be from your bike. Were there any other non standard parts fitted?

HP footrests and levers. But nothing that would make it distinctive from other bikes. The only thing I didn't have fitted from standard was the forged wheels.

Nightmare, gutted for you mate.
Hope you get it all sorted out whatever way it goes.

Feel for you Fraggle. Keep logged on to your Biketrac page and select last 5 journeys, then if it gets taken outside, even hot-wired or with duplicate key in it will still show a trail.

Hope the folk that took it die very slowly, of a preventable cause, alone.

JimmyMac

So sorry to hear about this Fraggle :( ....hope your insurance company pay out properly if you don't find the bike. Just out of interest, what make of chain were you using? I'm guessing a blow torch will get through pretty much any chain eventually? :frown-new:

Back