Exhaust ?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jack sprat

Reaction score
HI I have Akrapovic stuby end can (BMW no. part ). If I decat and link pipe, will I be able to use DB. killer, for some or all track days. How do all of you manage the noise issue . Will this require a remap, I cant find the info. on AKpv. web site .

depending on the track i do not think you will pass many noise tests with a stubby , you may end up baffling the feck out of it and reducing the power to less than stock ( I have actually done this once!!!)
anyhow you could always just go to anglesey where nobody cares how much noise you make
good luck with it

What decat are you going to get? From where? Will it fit straight into the original headers?

I'm asking as I'm tempted to do this

If yr saying what i think yr saying then the cat comes manufactured complete with the headers (no join) the cat can be cut off leaving the headers to take link pipe and can. As Bob said, you will be lucky to get through noise tests with a stubby. I had an AR ultimate stubby (awesome sound) which i had to baffle down with 2 baffles to comply and ended up parting the link pipe from the headers due to the back pressure. Track noise is getting so tight nowadays.

Will saw the cat off and get a link pipe its been covered on here before. There are lots of things to it ,remap DB killers .Good sound for road but bad for track days I am not sure what to do.

Back