exhaust fueling and maps

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have a CRT fitted and it pops n bang on the overrun etc but it does that with that standard exhaust fitted as well its just louder with the bean can fitted lol

i have email from sc saying that the bike will work fine with crt tin on it and no need to have it mapped but if the bike was mapped you would see larger power increases is what it says now i contacted them again now its fitted and they have changed there tune alot lol basically saying yes of course you need to remap it thats normal for every add on an we can sell you what you need!!
was very disappointed with there customer service and attitude towards it all however the jury is still out till wednesday as to just how far out the fueling is and also i would advise that like a previous post says no 2 bikes are the same

well back from the dyno and the result is in there has been no increase or decrease in power from the standard can to the sc its purly the noise it is using more fuel from the standard can and obviously the pops and bangs on over run are hugely different this is down to 2 things the fact the standard can is muffling them and mainly due to the bikes clean air system its senses the more fuel and lets in more air to the exhaust which causes it to ignite more aggressively.
i will show a pic of the graph below but the verdict is that the air fuel ratio is absolutely fine it runs slightly lean at 5k rpm on quarter throttle then slightly rich at 8k rpm but the readings on the whole would not be a danger to the engine and they basically say its running sweet.
i was slightly disappointed at the power figures as thought they ran more power especially as manufacturer claims more but i realise they state crank figures not at the wheel as the dyno does, he compared my charts to others on there system and would seem to be about right.
this is the part i feel slightly more embarrassed about!!! so appolagise if i raised concern for no reason! we were chatting about the difference in fuel which led to my concern at over fueling to which he said could it not be a mixture of adding the exhaust as well as the fact now i have had the bike a few weeks im gaining in confidence and riding it harder with throttle open longer and more aggressively hense it will use more fuel!!
and from dyno results he must be right!
so now im going to crawl back into the corner of the room as feel a plumb!
hope this helped a little

Dyno Power Run

It is always worth having a baseline power run conducted after making any changes to the exhaust system or air filter. It's a simple way of checking the A-F Ratio to ensure the bike is being fuelled correctly.

This is a good result, don't feel awkward with bringing up this valid discussion.
Great there is no need to spend any more money to remap the bike.
It slightly annoys me though that on the SC Projects website they specify a maximum increase of 3.4bhp! Also motorcycle manufacturers specify a guaranteed 199bhp, which is clearly misleading.
Anyway now I'm thinking is there actually any point in having mine power run?

I think you have supplied some good info here MFservice. Thanks.

From what I've read the 2015+ is slightly down on peak power...in fact every generation has been since the 2010 screamer engine was replaced. I don't know how they get away with their figures either. Track electronics say they regularly see 184 from stock 2015's. Every dyno is different. I expect if you trimmed the slight overfuel out of yours with a PCV/Rapid Bike/Bazzaz you'd see 184 easily.

Also worth mentioning that the dyno run was done on probably the hottest day the UK's seen for years which won't help peak power. As Alex says numbers vary from dyno to dyno and I don't recall anyone on here moaning that their S1000 wasn't powerful enough :smile-new:

I'm not moaning, just saying these manufactures should release there figures accurately.

If for a simple eg. I told a customer oh the power for a socket circuit can be 9.2KW.... This would in fact be lies and if the customer did actually overload the circuit (7.36KW maximum for a 32A MCB) the circuit wouldn't work (trip) and all information provided would be inaccurate!

Just saying.. Sorry.

Don't sweat the differences.
Dyno's, Environmentals vary greatly...then there's the ram air effect, some dyno's might simulate it, others not, it can account for a hefty chunk of top end.

I'm not moaning, just saying these manufactures should release there figures accurately.

If for a simple eg. I told a customer oh the power for a socket circuit can be 9.2KW.... This would in fact be lies and if the customer did actually overload the circuit (7.36KW maximum for a 32A MCB) the circuit wouldn't work (trip) and all information provided would be inaccurate!

Just saying.. Sorry.

No need to apologise mate, I wasn't having a pop, just making the point that for the vast majority of riders whether on road or track a std S1000RR has more than enough power and as long as your bikes running properly it matters little what the ultimate bhp read out is

The only way to tell really is use the same dyno on the same day with same conditions. Dyno results very so much

Power figures are irrelevant to the likes of us, (unless there is something drastically wrong or pub talk) purely a bi-product of correct fuelling. Whether it's a can change or a full system, for me, is piece of mind that my engine is fueled to the best of it's ability and has a very good chance of staying together lol.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back