Euro Power Lead Set Up

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 445

Reaction score
For those that venture out to Spain; can any of you help me knock up the best extension leads?

I recall from Almeria they have both red 32A 3P+N+E and 16A3P+E - is it best to split one of these to 3 x 16A 240v Blue?

A cable diagram to make sure i dont kill myself might help :D

Cheers
Darryl

Can?t remember which red socket it is;
888-260.jpg

Or
888-21005-NS.jpg

But anyway, the connectors are bulky for transport. They don?t have 16amp 3pin annoyingly.

What I did instead was take a 16amp 4way gang with UK plug. And convert that to Euro 16amp. So it was 16amp from the euro style socket. Thats enough to run 3 sets of warmers comfortably.

The lack of 16amp blue at Almeria is annoying, as I have one of them with a 4way gang too, which would be far more reassuring.

My 4-ways came from here: https://www.industrialextensionleads.co.uk
My uk to euro 16amp was from SKROSS.

- Sent from a magical lightbox

Last edited:
Found a pic of Almeria’s.

Hi mate, big thanks for these shots!!

Damn, theyre 4 pin - so i guess they must be 16A3P+E??

I was going to build a
- 3 phase head-plug with 3 x trailing leads [16A 240 blue sockets]
- 15M 2.5mm cable with 16A 240 plug/sockets
- rubber 4 gang extension block

But i dont know how to wire the pin... off to google

BTW: i always put my cabling in my chair bag ;)

Ha, good idea on the chair bag.
I stick mine in the kit bag as the cable length alone wouldn?t go in a tool case!

HAHA - ive bought a new kit bag for this season so i might find more room!!

It looks to me that the 4pin must be without an earth - i can only make out 3 x Live and 1 x neutral. Bloody europe :D

I bought a power lead suitable for Almeria from Parkitt Racing several years ago. It might be worth contacting them to see if they still sell them.

What we dont know [at the moment] is whether the blue 230 is 32A or 16A?

If my logic is on-point, i dont think there's an earth of the 3 Phase 4 pin. But i guess the Spanish use them for their warmers so i wonder if it'd be worth looking into a euro-rig? Stay tuned kids!!

Just spoke to Jon @FE he's had some made up recently as is going to find out and let me know.

**Alex: whats best way to host pics? I remember you telling me once but my brain is old and full of crap!!

Being a Premier Member is the best way ;) Worth the subs alone :D

Now photobucket is dead to 3rd party hosting you should use dropbox or google drive and get the link from them?

the blue 3 pin sockets are the 16amp ones you would anywhere else in the UK,the red sockets need a splitter box to break the 3 phase into singles,tbh not something i personally would be messing around with if i didn't know what i was doing,although in theory it's not difficult.we had a sparky knock us some up.
the good thing about the 3 phase sockets is not many people use them so never struggle to get a power point.

the blue 3 pin sockets are the 16amp ones you would anywhere else in the UK,the red sockets need a splitter box to break the 3 phase into singles,tbh not something i personally would be messing around with if i didn't know what i was doing,although in theory it's not difficult.we had a sparky knock us some up.
the good thing about the 3 phase sockets is not many people use them so never struggle to get a power point.

Yup they're 3Phase but switched on the Neutral - so no earth! I'ts 'easy' to wire 3 trailing leads off of each live but im not sure if it's safe to run kit without the earth?

I'm up for working out how we do this so we can always take advantage of breaking out 3 extra runs as they're usually free...

Anyone know a Spanish sparky? ;)

The blue 3 pin sockets are 2ph + E or live, neutral and earth.

The red sockets there are 2 types with three ratings 16A, 32A, 64A. One is 5pin; 4ph + E or 3 lives, neutral and earth or 4 pin; 3ph + E or 3 lives and earth.

For a 3 phase supply the voltage between each phase conductor is 415V and between each phase conductor and neutral is 240V. For a straight 3ph + E socket you can't run 240V equipment it would have to be from a 5 pin 4ph + E socket where the neutral and phase conductor is available (and earth of course) There are splitters out there to go from 5 pin red to 3 pin blue;

http://www.hss.ie/g/40823/3-phase-splitter.html

Thanks for the confirm on the 4pin (3ph+n). Splitting the 5pin 3ph+n+e seems safest (for uk equipment). There is one of them in the bottom of my pic from Almeria.

As per Billo?s link
https://uk.rs-online.com/mobile/p/industrial-power-connectors/6796892/
5pin (3ph+n+e) is the plug for the wall. Then you need to run the blue fly leads from it.

(I am not an electrician)

Last edited:
...For a straight 3ph + E socket you can't run 240V equipment it would have to be from a 5 pin 4ph + E socket where the neutral and phase conductor is available (and earth of course) There are splitters out there to go from 5 pin red to 3 pin blue;

http://www.hss.ie/g/40823/3-phase-splitter.html
This confirms what i suspected. Im happy to make up a 5pin lead but couldnt work out how to do it with the 4pin.

So in concusion, can this be done for Almeria AND WTF are the Spanish using? :)

we use 4 pin 3ph units for almeria+all other spanish circuits.the spanish use the usuall 2 pin plugs aswell as the blue 16amp sockets,like 99% of trackdayers.

if i can get hold of one out boxes i'll split it open and have a look

Latest posts

Back