Engine control unit failed...

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hallo
Had the same message on my bike today. Used it for 400km so far. Same as you, ok after ignition off and on. Some problems with starting also sometimes. Production Date 04.03.2020.

Have now added 500km more to the bike (total of 900km). I have not done anny changes to the connections betwen the iphone or intercom. There have been no more messages about fail from the bike. No starting problems eighter. So it happend on only on that single journey so far. Dealer will have a look at the run inn service next week. Bike runs perfekt, and neutral is easy to find:chuncky:

My software version is: 021_004_040

Haha, how do you do it on a bike :D
It's not clear whether the god damn apple device has to be even connected to the bike or not, most likely not if even apple watch can trigger it. The situation where my bike threw the error was a traffic stop by police (not for ticketing luckily :D ) and the policeman was standing half a meter from the bike. I know it sounds totally crazy, but if non paired apple devices can trigger the error, that could be the reason if the police had a apple device on him.

Would be nice to hear from oilhead in what kind of situation his bike threw up the error or whether he had apple devices on him :)

If it really is apple devices, then one must avoid people wearing them so only back country roads and highways then, avoid cities :D

Have you had som more problems with the messages ore have the dealer fixed the problem for you? What have they done to your bike?

I've just stayed away from city centers and from apple devices :D I haven't had more problems

Back