Engine Case Sliders

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beavis

Reaction score
I've bought 1 for each side , shape is like a tick or Nike swoosh. They are R&G. I read on another forum a guys fitted one can't remember what side and he's now got a very slight oil leak. I can wait till its first service and get the garage to fit them but I'd feel a bit silly if it was unnecessary. So question is , should I be worried about any fluids from either side leaking out or just go ahead and fit them ? I fitted a set to my 20th anniversary blade with no issues. Thanks in advance.

Mine has R&G and doesn't leak. Gonna fit gb racing though....don't like the look of R&G. I think from memory they change shape when hot so need a few cycles of hot and cold to fit 100%

I have fitted the GB racing, and more recently replaced with the rizomas which are like the ones you described. No issues whatsoever with either, and simple to fit. I can't imagine how fitting them would ever lead to an oil leak.

I didn't think so either, it's another owner on another forum that mentioned it and I kinda thought I don't want my brand new bike with 1 mile on the clock leaking all over my garage floor.

I had trouble with my GSXR750 and R&G case sliders and also the covers. Bolts don't seal to case as cover gets in the way

Back