ECU or PC remap

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sherlock

Reaction score
Hi gents

a quick question please. About to buy my first RR 2015 having had a blade with a power commander. The bike Im buying has a akro end can (i appreciate this doesn't mean i need a remap) but having done one on my blade how do I approach the beemer? Do I buy a PC or can I get the existing ECU remapped or 'flashed' as a number of posts suggest?

TA

A remap of the ecu is the best way to go as it ensures that then bike uses all the sensors when fuelling all injectors, a PC will only do half the injectors unless you go with the secondary fuel module too. The remap can also make adjustments to the TC and anti wheelie.

thank you - is there anyone you could recommend in the north west of England please?

i hear a lot of people talking positively about Geoff @ Hilltop http://hilltopmotorcycles.co.uk/ ...depending on what you want from the bike and how you ride, it might be worth trying the bike stock first before messing with the ECU? I also came from a Blade.....the RR is substantially quicker and i'm more than happy with the extra power. The ECU flash will also void your BMW warranty which is ultimately what put me off doing any ECU tweaks. There's been a few reports of 2015RRs with blown engines and other major issues that would cost a fortune to sort out without warranty, so just thought would be worth mentioning ;)

Or of course, if you seek more from the bike and can afford to replace it if it goes tits up then go for it. Reports from Hilltop on the 15RR have been +10% bhp and smoother power delivery....my stock bike feels pretty damn smooth already! :)

Back