Power commander

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

perkles

Reaction score
Hi I am after a powder commander for my Gen3 ,are the model specific or can I just buy any PCV ?
Any bargains about at the moment please ? And can an idiot fit one in a shed with a dumbbell spanner and a cup of tea ? Or best left to a tuning shop that's going to remap it ?

Ta not long now we will all be let out to hoon again :anonymous:

You need PC5 for BMW, as need to come with correct plugs for OE injector plugs.

If you are capable of taking fuel tank off, you will be able to fit it, with or without a cup of tea.

Once fitted you would need a map. I guess you can get a generic from PC website but ideally you should visit a Dyno shop to make one for your bike.

Also, if you aren't getting Autotune, you probably want to remove CO2 sensors and plug the holes off.

Thanks I can fit it then , I am planning on a remap but no idea where to go when things open up again

Thanks I can fit it then , I am planning on a remap but no idea where to go when things open up again
Depends where you live.

Actually thinking about this more, now that you said you will map it anyway...

Why do you need a power commander in the first place? Wouldn't it be cheaper to get a race/fuel map from RS2E or UK tuners? Many can change ECU fueling tables.

Depends where you live.

Actually thinking about this more, now that you said you will map it anyway...

Why do you need a power commander in the first place? Wouldn't it be cheaper to get a race/fuel map from RS2E or UK tuners? Many can change ECU fueling tables.
Doesnt a live map void warranty or something? I'm not bothered about a PC but it needs mapping now I've fitted a full system

It all comes down to how paranoid you're about the warranty.

PCV - will be noticed by a dealer first time you do a service, as it's a physical device that you see when you open the bike. This can raise questions. Dealer cant delete the map by mistake, as it's a different device.

ECU - dealer wouldn't know that you mapped it, and to be fair, I doubt they will ever flash something that overrides a fuel table in Gen3. Gen3 has been out for a while and I'm pretty sure your ECU is already on latest firmware.
If still in doubts, you can always ask the dealer to check/upgrade software before you go to ECU tuner.
On any subsequent services, just tell the dealer not to apply any ECU updates.

you can save the map on your own pc and upload it/take it off whenever you like,ot play around with the fueling/ignition yourself.not advisable though (the playing yourself..)

Ok thanks guys I will go for a live remap it will work out cheaper ,not surd where to go in the Midlands though

I got my PC V fitted and custom mapped on the dyno at Dynojet UK in Preston with good results.
Excellent service by Frank and the team.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

+1, full exhausts and fuel modules don?t realistically pose a warranty issue as neither are permanent modifications to the bike

+1, full exhausts and fuel modules don?t realistically pose a warranty issue as neither are permanent modifications to the bike

It is not, correct, but PCV does change fueling. All depends on the damage I guess

Last edited:
It is not, correct, but PCV does change fueling. All depends on the damage I guess

My point is simply that if there was need for a significant engine related warranty claim, you could stick a standard exhaust back on, remove the fuel module and the bike is back to stock.

To my knowledge, an ECU flash is still detectable even if you were to re-flash back to the stock mapping.

It is generally regarded that in terms of warranty, ECU flashing poses more of an issue than a fuel module or exhaust.
Though that being said, these matters are somewhat dependent on the relationship with your local dealer.

My point is simply that if there was need for a significant engine related warranty claim, you could stick a standard exhaust back on, remove the fuel module and the bike is back to stock.

To my knowledge, an ECU flash is still detectable even if you were to re-flash back to the stock mapping.

It is generally regarded that in terms of warranty, ECU flashing poses more of an issue than a fuel module or exhaust.
Though that being said, these matters are somewhat dependent on the relationship with your local dealer.

TPS splice is detectable by a dealer without a need to use BMWAG software to detect increased flash counter.

Both PCV and ECU are the same.

I would choose ECU flash over anyway, as PCV is a piggy back

Latest posts

Back