Eccentric shock mount

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

powders

Reaction score
I'm hoping to get my suspension professionally set up soon and was just wondering if anyone has flipped their eccentric shock mount.
It's a 2011 model
It gets great reviews on the American forum
Cheers

But at the cost of stability and ultimate grip.

There is ALWAYS a trade off with any suspension change. What works for one does not work for all.
Having said that, I think mine has been flipped as part of the work on it, but the forks are 5-7mm lower in the triple clamp so it might negate the change.

My forks in addition to the flip show 4 rings in triple clamp, "stock setting" along with Ohlins cartridge kit.

I was looking on the us site and they flip it but generally leave the forks on standard settings ie 4 rings showing
Are you happy with how it turns in now and is there much of payoff

Powders, it's a track bike so no op to test the new gear as yet will let you know soon :fat:

Alex, did you get your new suspension on bike in the end ?

Had a spare couple of minutes today so flipped over the eccentric shock mount.
Took it out for a quick spin to see the difference.
I'll know for sure tomorrow when I do my 20k commute but at the moment It's night and day. As soon as you sit on it you can feel the height difference and now it is just miles better in the couple of corners I came across on my quick spin.
Always thought my bike felt really awkward in corners like the front was higher than the rear
I'll post again tomorrow evening to confirm but at the moment It's a Hugh difference

Quick update
Drove to work this morning
3 degrees and the roads were damp
Can't believe the difference
Really night and day
It's so easy now and so flickable
Best thing I've done to my bike
Can't wait to get suspension set up now

I know mine has been flipped over with the suspension change but then the front end is at a different height too. In the 2miles I've done it felt easier to turn...but also slightly fidgety too, but that might have been me being on the bike for the first time in a long time, or the wheels/bike being lighter...or...

Last edited:
How much does flipping it , change the wheel base?

You practically have a new bike Alex what with the new wheels, shock etc so it's going to take some getting use to.
Drove home from work roads dry and half sunny
From tight little roundabouts to big sweepers the bike felt great with no downsides to speak of
It's definitely worth a go

Latest posts

Back