Dynamic Settings - Gen 4

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaperman

Reaction score
So now I have access to the Race Pro Modes (aka - Warp Drive modes) I was wondering what settings are applied for the default Dynamic riding mode as I wanted to use that as a base setting then tweak the PR Modes as Dynamic + ...if that makes sense ??

Last edited:
So now I have access to the Race Pro Modes (aka - Warp Drive modes) I was wondering what settings are applied for the default Dynamic riding mode as I wanted to use that as a base setting then tweak the PR Modes as Dynamic + ...if that makes sense ??

I'm afraid you won't be able to... Normal Modes including Race are Electronic until extreme lean angles. Race Pro when enabled is only electronic bolt upright ie. zero lean, once leant over it's not electronic ie constantly adjusting and it's like a normal old school damping that doesn't change.

Yes, it would be great if the Normal modes were adjustable as per Gen 3 but unfortunately they're not.

J

I'm afraid you won't be able to... Normal Modes including Race are Electronic until extreme lean angles. Race Pro when enabled is only electronic bolt upright ie. zero lean, once leant over it's not electronic ie constantly adjusting and it's like a normal old school damping that doesn't change.

Yes, it would be great if the Normal modes were adjustable as per Gen 3 but unfortunately they're not.

J

Didn't realise that .....
Agree, I miss my user modes, really can't understand why they were deleted...

I thought that.. but I went into RacePro and turned everything off and rode like a twat for an hour and realised you don't need 200+ horsepower on the road and I used to race for Honda and won various championships and have ridden on the road for 40 years. I saw Glenn Irwin's onboard lap of Oulton on a FireBlade and it made me realise even at BSB level you need to be super human. Dynamic is fine by me.... ;)

I always though ride mode pro was non electronic damping regardless of whether you were bolt upright or not.

I thought that.. but I went into RacePro and turned everything off and rode like a twat for an hour and realised you don't need 200+ horsepower on the road and I used to race for Honda and won various championships and have ridden on the road for 40 years. I saw Glenn Irwin's onboard lap of Oulton on a FireBlade and it made me realise even at BSB level you need to be super human. Dynamic is fine by me.... ;)

Is there a link anywhere that explains how the damping effects differ through the lean angles ?

Hi,
Bear with me, I think I have the press information. I'll take a look. I think Alex set it to me. It was a bit of a nightmare morning. I had my bike serviced and updated electronics/ full clutch assembly, throw out lever etc last week. Rode it home and parked it up... lovely. I had it booked on the dyno for a single run to give me a base figure and mainly to check if it was running lean. I thankfully went to the bike early and I went to put it in Race Pro mode and turn all aids off and I couldn't access the menu. Ran the GS-911 and it said the left switchgear had failed but it wouldn't start which the switchgear shouldn't affect. After a lot of stress I got it running and made it on the dyno. I was hoping to go to the dealer and get them to check but they can't fit me in till the end of May. Hey ho. It's running fine at the moment. J

Technically it?s electronically controlled all the time no matter what setting you are in because that?s how the hydraulic settings are adjusted, it?s just fixed to what setting you have it set to in race mode 1,2 or 3. I?m not convinced it acts like it does in the other settings whilst bolt upright in race 1,2 or 3 but then goes to the fixed setting when leant over! where is the information that suggests this?

I wish I never mentioned it now. I've spent a couple of hours looking for the Press Launch Pack, when I find it I'll post it up.

On a separate subject, whilst looking I found this. I assume this is the old RCK or whatever it is/was called? J

Screen Shot 2022-04-07 at 10.40.25.jpgScreen Shot 2022-04-07 at 10.40.38.jpgScreen Shot 2022-04-07 at 10.40.48.jpgScreen Shot 2022-04-07 at 10.40.57.jpg

Still searching ;) but found this in my old emails. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r36eZRY7pwI

BMW race support engineer going through Sag set up (first 1/4 of video) then how tyres effect chassis and the difference set-up between Pirelli and Metzler slicks and how to adjust. (second 1/4). I'm still determined to find the DDC fixed damping document. ;) J

Latest posts

Back