Disk locks?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would it not scratch the top yoke? I thought it would have made more sense to lock it somewhere on the lock when not in use???

If its an issue you could always get one of those leather pouches for keyrings like BMW supply for alarm fobs, and put it inside that.

It gets back to the point where you might as well stick a normal disk lock somewhere on the bike in a secure pouch - like under the seat... I do see the advantage of not cracking your bodywork though - did the 'attempt to ride off with disklock still attached' to my r1 - 2 days old :( .

It gets back to the point where you might as well stick a normal disk lock somewhere on the bike in a secure pouch - like under the seat... I do see the advantage of not cracking your bodywork though - did the 'attempt to ride off with disklock still attached' to my r1 - 2 days old :( .
That must have been a nightmare! Getting over the initial reaction of having a knackered front end then being aware of the small crowd who have witnessed it?!
Many years ago I was puting air into my 916 tyres and the fork was obstructing the valve, I stupidly rolled it forward by pushing and standing on the right hand side and the stand dragged and flipped up. Got to the point of no return and couldn't hold it. My bodywork was slightly saved by my new helmet I left on the ground. Double whammy damage! I had a burst of energy to pick the bike up and throw on my knackered helmet and rode away as quickly as I could while all the Sunday drivers queuing for fuel looked on. The shame.

Latest posts

Back