DID Chain hollow link and BMW Dealer...

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigdave139

Reaction score
So i took my bike into SBW Motorrad in Hertford on wednesday for a service, and while it was in there thought i'd get them to fit the DID chain and sprockets that i've had sitting around and not got round to fitting...

book a half day from work thursday and a mate does the same to run me over there to pick it up.

no phone call by 5pm, ring them up and they are 'struggling to find a chain link tool for the hollow pins'

Now DID are a fairly common aftermarket chain, surely the tool cant be that hard to find? Its now saturday and the bike is still at their workshop, sprockets on and no tool in sight. Am i being unreasonable or is this a bit of a joke? 4 days for a service and chain???:grumpy:

My bike was from this bunch of numptys and all i can say is i will never use them ever again - complete bunch of morons who havent got a clue. BMW Park Lane now get my vote and excellent customer service to boot.

I still havent heard from them! what a joke. thanks for the heads up, will ask before i hand my bike over next time!!

thanks, i've made a list of their cock ups tonight and i'll ring them in the morning to tell them to put the old chain back on or replace with a bmw one FOC and get my bike back to me, see how that goes. soon as its back i'll send the email!

I had my DID chain fitted by BMW, they didn't have the tool neither. At least they went to a local motorbike shop to borrow one.

Back