Did a dealer wash a bike using tfr?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Jay100rr I've replied to your pm, tfr would probably be OK if diluted accordingly, as would acidic wheel cleaner, but used neat like it was on mine is a no no..and as the Head of Sales from the dealer quoted to me, " I don't think you realise how soft the paintwork is on the TYCO it is not factory finish and will mark easily"
Wanker

Hi Jay100rr I've replied to your pm, tfr would probably be OK if diluted accordingly, as would acidic wheel cleaner, but used neat like it was on mine is a no no..and as the Head of Sales from the dealer quoted to me, " I don't think you realise how soft the paintwork is on the TYCO it is not factory finish and will mark easily"
Wanker

Neat !!! Why the feck would anyone use it neat.
I have been using Rhino 105 for ages I dilute at about 3-5% and never had a problem.
i just spray on with a hand sprayer as a pre soak, then foam then rinse,

I've only ever used Sdoc products on my bike and it seems to be ok. I've never heard of traffic film remover before this thread. Sounds like quite nasty stuff if not diluted.

I've only ever used Sdoc products on my bike and it seems to be ok. I've never heard of traffic film remover before this thread. Sounds like quite nasty stuff if not diluted.

I was using sdoc for a while, before I bought the BMW, and thought it was a great product. Until I read the label and warns not to use it on certain finishes. Can't remember now what it was, but it was either bare alloy or black plastic, or anodised parts. Whatever you shouldn't use it on made me think that it shouldn't be used on any bike

All I can say is that it has not affected the finish in any way and mines a 2014 model that I've had from new. Never used anything else on it and I clean this bike more than any other I've owned. I guess everyone has their own preferences.

They admitted to using a jet wash on my bike, which I'm not happy about cos of bearings etc

Nothing wrong with using a jet wash on a motorcycle, you just don't dont direct the jet directly at bearings, but even if you did the water should not get in.
You'd be amazed at the water pressure generated when riding through rain at 70mph

I wouldn't use a jet wash on my bike, wouldn't want venture shield lifting off or water in electrical connectors

Latest posts

Back