Data Logger

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have used the BMW one but prefer the Aim Solo DL
Useful is down to what you want it for. It is good for on track but for the road I see no point.
The reason I moved from the BMW one to the Aim one is that the BMW one comes with a software limitation, you cannot export data. This means you cannot export your information to compare with a friend or export it to overlay onto video.
With the Aim Solo DL you can also link it to a Smartycam - this will overlay the data real time.
Here is a link to mine in action around Almeria (it's on the Panigale but there are others of my BMW):-

https://youtu.be/ubKu7JvzCjY

I've got the datalogger for the BMW to use around Almeria later in the year. Used the Aim there last year on the GSXR1000. 1:51.27 for me.

Thanks for that. I'm not too worried about getting track information (lap times, exporting and stuff) I'm looking more at what the ECU is doing for example, DTC intervention, wheel speeds, twistgrip and throttle position and all that kind of stuff, it looks like the the BMW one gives more info on that side of things?

Thanks for that. I'm not too worried about getting track information (lap times, exporting and stuff) I'm looking more at what the ECU is doing for example, DTC intervention, wheel speeds, twistgrip and throttle position and all that kind of stuff, it looks like the the BMW one gives more info on that side of things?

Aim does all that and it gives you a GPS lap timer as well (BMW has no lap timer on the dash, you need to buy either a piece of kit to make it happen or flash the light whenever you cross the line, maybe 2015 is different). From memory the only thing the BMW logger directly gives that the Aim system doesn't is lean angle, but that can be done in the Aim system, you just need to set up a math channel.
If not for the track I can't see the point tbh.

Davy

I've got the datalogger for the BMW to use around Almeria later in the year. Used the Aim there last year on the GSXR1000. 1:51.27 for me.

When you back at Almeria?, I'm out on the 10th Oct

A fellow competitor of mine has a BMW Data Logger that he used last year when he had a S1000RR motor in his sidecar (he's now defected to ZX10R power). He's going to let me have it, so I'll give the BMW one a go, put the AIM one on the shelf for the time being. I'm interested to find out if the "Lean angle" kicks in as being used in a sidecar, there is no lean but will be interesting to see if it's affected by "G" forces?. I have the HP ECU fitted to my sidecar to.

Lean angle is a calculation done internally using Lateral Acceleration, it's done inside the BMW one, so if you get lean on your sidecar it will record. G Forces will be shown in the data.

Davy

On second thoughts, if you only have the engine in your sidecar and not the sensors that is on the bike that sends the data (forget what it's called) to the logger and the traction control etc I guess you will not get any of the data you need.

Aim does all that and it gives you a GPS lap timer as well (BMW has no lap timer on the dash, you need to buy either a piece of kit to make it happen or flash the light whenever you cross the line, maybe 2015 is different). From memory the only thing the BMW logger directly gives that the Aim system doesn't is lean angle, but that can be done in the Aim system, you just need to set up a math channel.
If not for the track I can't see the point tbh.

Davy
the BMW logger also has GPS mate.

On second thoughts, if you only have the engine in your sidecar and not the sensors that is on the bike that sends the data (forget what it's called) to the logger and the traction control etc I guess you will not get any of the data you need.

All the sensors (except Lambda, at the moment) are fitted and working, I have replaced the ABS unit with the "Alpha Racing DTC controller plug", http://shop.alpharacing.com/shop/in...products_id=14413&cPath=533_541_575&sort=20a&

Re GPS

Yes, but not a lap timer display. The Aim unit gives you a display of your lap times as you ride. The BMW unit is purely after the event.

Re GPS

Yes, but not a lap timer display. The Aim unit gives you a display of your lap times as you ride. The BMW unit is purely after the event.
yes see what you mate. Aim was giving me predicted times which I like

yes see what you mate. Aim was giving me predicted times which I like

You can configure it to give you up to 4 pieces of info on the screen. I had 3, Current lap, best lap & +/- current on best. It is difficult (for me) to have the time to look at it while lapping so I always had current lap in large size so i could see it at a glance.

Used the Aim software when I got back and it showed me on a 1:49 predicted at one stage. Hoping the BMW will get me there in Sept...

Latest posts

Back