cush drive and sprocket carrier play

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

repsol67

Reaction score
Cush drive and sprocket carrier play seems very excessive on my 2012 S1000rr with 7k miles.
I have read about the free play on here and mine has a lot of deflection and slack.
I was wondering if it is a warranty job as i got 1 years warranty when i bought the bike in February?
I was in the bike trade for years and never saw side to side play on a sprocket carrier unless the bearing was shagged.
Has anybody had a collapsed bearing?

Cheers

Yes, seemed to be a common problem but never heard of a collapsed bearing, maybe users all year around may have some input?
Cush drives seem not to be man enough, ive changed a few, guess it also depends how it's ridden

Chorlsey,

Did you just purchase and fit the cush drive yourself or did your dealer do it?

Cheers

Bringing this back up.

I'm having a bit of a winter refurb...I was adding cush drive rubbers to the list.

I've found the part number is 27717711762 they appear to be ?10 a pop.
http://www.kfm-motorraeder.de/cms/en/genuine-spare-parts/bmw-spare-parts?itemid=27717711762

Can someone just confirm I have to order 5. ie for ?50

Are there "better" options?

Yep x5 lol I was fortunate when I ordered my 3rd lot, must have been a newby and thought the price was for a pack of five haha! The new lightweight wheels have a different set up altogether and seem to wear less.

Last edited:
Yep x5 lol I was fortunate when I ordered my 3rd lot, must have been a newby and thought the price was for a pack of five haha! The new lightweight wheels have a different set up altogether and seem to wear less.

Cool ta.
I'm still on heavy cast wheels. I've no idea if they've been replaced but as it's a 2012 with 10k on the clock it would seem sensible for the new year.

Cush Drives

If you do purchase a set of HP Forged Wheels in the future the cush drives are much cheaper.

Latest posts

Back