Crash Bungs

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rpm

Reaction score
Less than two weeks before my S arrives, and starting to order some nice bits to bolt on.

Want to get some crash bungs (for use on the road) to save things in a static/low speed drop more than anything else.

R&G Aero seem most popular, has anyone gone with Evotech or GB Racing road sliders on their 2015>? Any recommendations on ones I missed?

I'm struggling to find good pics to see how big or ugly they are - obviously need to be functional but looking for something that looks good too! :)

Evotech: http://www.evotech-performance.com/bmw-s1000rr-crash-bobbins-2015-onwards
GB Racing: http://www.gbracing.eu/Bullet-Frame-Slider-Set-S1000RR-2009---2016---STREET.1349.html
R&G Aero: http://www.rg-racing.com/browseBike/BMW/S1000RR/2015/CP0382

The lightech ones are nice. I use the aeros, but may well change to the lightech at some point.

R&G Racing Aero Crash Protectors

P1020508_zpslmdrrmru.jpg

P1020507_zpsq5p5anpt.jpg

Thanks for quick replies!

@soofsayer & @Loupe - those Lightech look really good, thanks for pointing them out. They seem to do a red insert which would look great on bike - how is protection on them, you think they come out far enough to keep major damage from fairings?

@RyS1000RR - thanks for pics - the R&G ones look bigger than I expected - alpha ones look great - I assume those are track ones? Might have to get a set of those to swap over when I start to track the S...

Yes they do a red insert as an extra which I also bought but they look more orange against my red.
You're welcome to have them, I just need to find them first....

Last edited:
alpha Racing Crash Protectors

@RyS1000RR - thanks for pics - the R&G ones look bigger than I expected - alpha ones look great - I assume those are track ones?

The alpha Racing crash protectors have a much lower profile and are designed specifically for track use.

@Loupe - thanks for the photos, I think that is decision made! Since I am going for a red/black/white S, hopefully red will look ok. Looks like those are the lightech axle protectors and the paddock stand bobbins on your bike? If so, how do you rate those?

@RyS1000RR - Alpha ones look great for track! Have been looking through your bike thread, really liking your bike and giving me lots of ideas (although mine is 99% road use), thanks for sharing so much detail

@Loupe - thanks for the photos, I think that is decision made! Since I am going for a red/black/white S, hopefully red will look ok. Looks like those are the lightech axle protectors and the paddock stand bobbins on your bike? If so, how do you rate those?

@RyS1000RR - Alpha ones look great for track! Have been looking through your bike thread, really liking your bike and giving me lots of ideas (although mine is 99% road use), thanks for sharing so much detail

No probs and I think white is the default colour when you buy them. If they are then let me know and I'll find the red inserts for you.
Yes the fork and axle sliders are lightech too, thankfully not tested them yet.
The company states they are used on some race bikes so that's good enough for me.

I have a red/black/white and the bungs with the red inserts are a pretty good match to the red fairings, the rest of my stuff i went for the titanium colour.

attachment.php

Attachments

• facebook.jpg
    facebook.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 162
I think LightechUK when you order through them just pass the order on to Reactive Parts who are the official UK importer/supplier for Lightech.

The last couple of times I have ordered anything through LightechUK it has come packaged and supplied by Reactive Parts :)

They also bring orders in on a weekly basis from Italy too so if they haven't got something in stock it generally takes a week or so before you get it after ordering it :)

Order placed, but they were cheaper from a shop in Italy, and I can wait a couple of weeks for them.

Went for the Lightech bungs + inserts, axle protectors and bobbins, will see how well they match once I get the bike!

Great, I can't remember the torque settings for the frame sliders but I'm sure someone will be able to tell you.

Order placed, but they were cheaper from a shop in Italy, and I can wait a couple of weeks for them.

Went for the Lightech bungs + inserts, axle protectors and bobbins, will see how well they match once I get the bike!

Link? :)

Ordered from here: http://www.motostorm.it as they had sent me a 20 euro voucher off 200+ and needed a few other bits so worked out cheaper.

Will let you know if they turn up and how long it takes before I recommend them though!

Back