Comp and rebound in pro mode

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

masho46

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Guys now it's run in I'm going to start playing with the settings in pro mode.I only ride on the road and realize these modes are maybe for the track.Question is do any of you guys ride in this mode on the road if so is there any base settings you can share regarding the comp and rebound that are adjustable in pro mode.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Yea I thought the Dave Moss settings weren?t great on UK roads.
In my opinion, his settings have too much combined damping in the forks by one or two clicks, and at the back I think it has too much compression and not enough rebound damping, which ended up kicking me out the seat over bumps and giving an overly harsh ride.

Last edited:
My personal opinion is for the road riding only, there is no real point running the pro modes. The stock riding modes do a very good job with dealing with the shocking roads in this country. It also means that there is one less thing to think about while you are trying to bunny hop the next pot hole.

Also worth noting it disables all the other features, like Sat Nav, phone connectivity etc. Possibly it won't matter to you though?

I do not understand why BMW never gave an option to have at least one "Pro mode" for the road though. Like you could with the Gen 3 where you had "User".

It was explained to me that when the bike is in any of the "pro" modes the active suspension is now longer active. Or rather its only 20% active where as in the road modes its 100% active.

Yea I thought the Dave Moss settings weren?t great on UK roads.
In my opinion, his settings have too much combined damping in the forks by one or two clicks, and at the back I think it has too much compression and not enough rebound damping, which ended up kicking me out the seat over bumps and giving an overly harsh ride.

tried this and was the same for me. :)

Latest posts

Back