Clutch lever screw

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kipperfish

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
When I got into work this morning I noticed the screw that clutch lever pivots on was sticking out by about 5mm.
ClutchScrewCircled.jpg
I have tightened it so that the level doesn't fall off, but the screw rotates with the clutch lever.
this doesn't seem right to me, and I'm guessing this is why it has come loose.

I want to shout at the dealer, but want to check this is normal.

Cheers.

Last edited:
I think the nut that should be on the bottom of that screw may have fallen off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, should be a nylock nut on the other end mate and it shouldn't rotate with the clutch lever. From memory there is a brass bush insert that the bolt passes through to ensure the clutch lever rotates freely with the bolt and nut done up tight. Check your brake lever as well!

Last edited:
it should'nt rotate with the lever, take it out, clean and grease it, refit and fit new nut.

Or get the dealer to do it

The bottom of the lever perch is threaded. That bolt should tighten into that thread and the nyloc nut then locks it in place. Have your levers been changed? I suspect that the thread in the lever perch may have been damaged. It is aluminium.

You'll probably just find the screw need greased,then tighten it fully but not over tight then same with nut on bottom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The dealer took it out, greased and put it back in, all good now.... well once I'd ridden home, realised that the cruise control wasn't working, heading back to the dealer the next day to sort that!
Thanks for everyone's advice (I'm also now the proud owner of some copper grease)

If you look at the bottom of the lever to the micro switch, you will see that one of the micro switch prongs will have been bent when they have removed the lever. you can easily re align this and the cruise control will work again. for reference, both micro switches should be pushed in when the lever is released.

You can hear each micro switch if you move the lever slowly, it makes 2 slight clicks as the micro switch releases, if its not closing both it will only make one click.

Back