Chicken strips

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuart69allan

Reaction score
The sun was out and the 2015 RR is really starting to show her true colours! The change of direction is incredible! Feels like a 600 and the difference between this and my old 2006 fireblade is like night and day! Only covered 260 miles so far and cannot wait to release the true potential after it's derestricted but my god i am a convert. I absolutely love everything about this bike an in my opinion it's faultless. Ok so the quick shifter sometimes glitches if you are on a constant throttle, you need to be accelerating for it to work smoothly and neutral can be a bit fiddly. On the move though this bike makes me smile more than any bike i've ever ridden! The DDC suspension is a joy, the comfort levels between sport and race is huge! Cannot wait to fully play around with the 'user' settings and fine tune it :emmersed: Finally these tyres (K3's) have such a steep side angle that getting rid of these chicken strips will be exciting! Only managed 43 degrees today but i wasn't wearing my full leathers and its still only 10 Celsius so dont want to push my luck! All in all i'm probably the happiest owner on here and cannot WAIT for summer!!! What a machine :love-struck:

Havent put it into race yet as only been out twice, I actually forgot all about the modes tbh last outing.
You've put me in the mood for a shot tonight but doubt I'll manage.
I showed 45• but nowhere near the edge too, it's going to take some lean lol.

The manual states that Shift Assist doesn't work when cruising, clutch changes recommended...if you meant constant revs rather than throttle.

Your reviews lifted my spirits about this bike . Enjoy , stay safe and keep the positive vibes comin.

Picking mine up tomorrow, be interesting to see the difference to my 2010. Roll on summer !! By the way, 'chicken strips' are actually 'safety strips' ;)

Safety strip, yeh I'll vouch for that. Mine is nowhere near the edge, mind you I've only done 50 mile. Can't wait to get time to go out and play again, reading all these posts of miles racking up is driving me crazy. I'll still have the limiter set this time next year :blue:

bananaman, you all excitied? you'll love your bike they're ferking great.

Yes mate, had my '10 for 5 years, gradually got it how I wanted it, bitubo all round, de-cat, pcv, be interesting to say the least... Shall be booking the 1st service when I pick it up lol

Booking first service already, that's the challenge now, to get the miles in for that date. I know it's a sad time when you mod a bike up to your liking, sell the bits on or sell the bike as is then start from scratch again with another bike. I've come from an 09 Blade to the 15 BM, the Blade was a great bike with a few mods on which most I sold but left the can and PCV on. I wanted to sample life on the on the techno front with the BM so it's all start again with some tasty mods, though as standard it rips.

Today the leathers were on and so were the heated grips! 8 degrees Celsius but feeling brave i decided to eat into those 'safety strips' a bit more ;) Knee down with the k3's giving absolute confidence (even in these low temperatures) and they heat up surprisingly quickly! 51 degrees was the maximum lean angle indicated... Surely that was enough to rid the chicken strip off the rear. I would have to wait till i got home to check.

BINGO It looks like 51 is the magic number :)

We have bought one of the quickest bikes out there and all we are only interested in is how low you can go. Brilliant!:playful:

We have bought one of the quickest bikes out there and all we are only interested in is how low you can go. Brilliant!:playful:

Ha! I think i might ask BMW to remove the lean angle displace before it causes a crash! :concern:

Alex the % is the percentage torque has been reduced (traction control). m/s2 how many meters per second of braking force you've applied

Ha! I think i might ask BMW to remove the lean angle displace before it causes a crash! :concern:

Alex the % is the percentage torque has been reduced (traction control). m/s2 how many meters per second of braking force you've applied

I really need to read my book, keep meaning to but I just want to get out on it instead.

I agree about the lean angle reading and have thought that since it was announced on the new model, asking for trouble in the wrong hands. But I have a picture in my head of a few owners in their garages tipping the bike over (stationary) to get bragging rights, along with a brillo pad to get the strips off. I take it the lean angle sensor works if the engine is running, or does it need wheels turning too?

Regards the torque and braking stuff, how does that work then? The readout shows 20% torque reduction, is that average for all TC interventions the whole ride, or the greatest measurement at a moment during the ride? Does the braking figure work the same (i.e. the biggest braking moment, or average?).

Interested to know.

Regards the m/s2. That made no sense. However I have Wiki'd it now and understand a bit more.
1G of deceleration is 9.8m/s2 or 9.8 N/kg

I agree about the lean angle reading and have thought that since it was announced on the new model, asking for trouble in the wrong hands. But I have a picture in my head of a few owners in their garages tipping the bike over (stationary) to get bragging rights, along with a brillo pad to get the strips off. I take it the lean angle sensor works if the engine is running, or does it need wheels turning too?

Regards the torque and braking stuff, how does that work then? The readout shows 20% torque reduction, is that average for all TC interventions the whole ride, or the greatest measurement at a moment during the ride? Does the braking figure work the same (i.e. the biggest braking moment, or average?).

Interested to know.

The Torque reduction and m/s2 readouts are the maximum for that session, not an average (when you turn the key it resets the figure). However there is a live readout for both on the move... Not much point in it though as either one you're breaking hard or accelerating hard! Last thing you want to be doing is looking at the dials!

Regards the m/s2. That made no sense. However I have Wiki'd it now and understand a bit more.
1G of deceleration is 9.8m/s2 or 9.8 N/kg

9.8m/s2 is 1G! So basically if you hit that figure you have a 200kg motorbike + the rider all on the front tyre!!! That'll take some balls :eek-new:

Back