Changing brake lines on ABS systems

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mick753

Reaction score
Right so i have made a start on stripping back my bike having now actually managed to get 50 miles on it since buying it (absolutely love this weather in Scotland, no seriously it is special! :D ) and came across a bit of a problem that I might look at sorting to allow me to use my Harris under yoke paddock stand.

All other bikes I have had I have been able to use an under yoke paddock stand without any problem, it would appear that the S1000RR is the first one that doesn't allow it with the standard brake lines fitted as there appears to be a Y branch in the brake lines that feeds the two calipers.

The question is with this being an ABS system I assume (without having got as far as looking at the routing of the lines) that the brake master cylinder routes through the ABS block under the seat and that then feeds the two calipers from there via one long line that splits into the two at the Y branch??

In which case has anyone swapped the standard lines at all, or has anyone encountered this problem before and come up with a way to move the lines so that you can get access to the yoke with a stand?

advice appreciated :D

I seem to remember this subject was covered on the 'other' s1000rrforum.

When I changed my front calipers,I had brake lines made by b&c which solved the problem whilst keeping abs.

Latest posts

Back