Chain grease

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I presume the dry stuff is just as effective as the grease? to be fair most of the grease ends up on the undertray anyway haha

So whats everyone using? I have muck off dry chain lube but need some proper grease, any recommendations?

Iain why you needing to grease it ?.. I can do this in 3 mins...throw mine up on a stand, use one of those 3 quid plastic chain cleaners with the square brush bit that fits over the chain....fire bike up, 1st gear and skoosh cleaner on as the chain goes thru the brushes at rear sprocket. ..dry off by pressing a bundled up cloth against top bottom and sides of chain at the bottom run... bike still running some light oil (3in1) dripped on rotating chain....cloth dry again and finish with Wurth dry lube... my chain is worthy of my mantlepiece... what you got to lose ? Careful careful obviously....Ooyah !

I dont necessarily need to grease it i was just wondering whats the best way of oiling/cleaning to keep it in good condition. I will be replacing the chain and sprockets shortly when i get the 18,000 mile service done and want to keep the new setup as mint as possible.

I'm using Activ8 Chain lube and cleaner, they claim if you use the cleaner and lube it will extend the life of your chain by 5x...nothing against the Wurth but it's worth trying something different.

I presume the dry stuff is just as effective as the grease? to be fair most of the grease ends up on the undertray anyway haha

I went on to wurth dry chain lube a couple of years ago because I didn't want the fling from traditional lubricants. It sprays on, best when the chain is still hot, and sticks to the metal so you don't actually see it, it forms a transparent film. My chain and sprockets are at 11k using this stuff and no issues and not looking like needing replacing anytime soon. Plus you get trade pricing on wurth products through the forum premier membership.

cheers fellas, much appreciated. The wurth trade discount does that have to be done at a local store or can it be used online? Not long now stephen and i will be contacting you regards the big service. Im aiming for start of August as thats when the funds will allow :)

Wd 40 chain cleaner and then wd 40 chain wax
Best I've used so far
But will try the wurth next time I need to buy some

cheers fellas, much appreciated. The wurth trade discount does that have to be done at a local store or can it be used online? Not long now stephen and i will be contacting you regards the big service. Im aiming for start of August as thats when the funds will allow :)

You can order from the head office but they charge ?6.50 delivery if it's under ?150, there is a Wurth trade store a few miles from Stephen, we can have a chat about thus in Moffat.

I'm a convert to Wurth chain wax, sticks to the chain and nothing else

Back