Cartegena

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HongKongPhooey

Reaction score
Has anyone on here been there for a track day? What's it like?

My first euro outing with NL there in Feb, just wondered if anyone had any first hand experience?

Cheers,

Phooey.

I haven't but when at Almeria loads of guys said "you need to try Cartegena as it's brilliant"

So it's on my list

Regards
Davy

Did Cartagena in October, great track, will take some time to get to grips with it, if you can get an instructor to give you a heads up or follow someone it will help to learn the track, I loved it, I don't think I got passed 3rd gear except the pit straight.

Been told its even more of a 600 circuit than almeria

Lucky for Jason then (HongKongPhooey) as he's on a hired 2013 Gsxr600, will be awesome there I guess, but I know I ain't gonna have a bad time on Beemer, what's not to be ace?, on one side of tyre or other 90% of lap, 4 days to learn it , get a decent set-up, learn some more,soak it all up in (hopefully) perfectly temperate conditions - oh and having bought suspension from him, Chris Barns (A.P.Broome Racing)has offered to share garages with us to give me a lift with bike set-up and show us round a bit, CAN NOT WAIT !!!

Bananaman, didn't sense a knock at all!! Sorry if that's what you thought - just a comment on how HKP (Jason) just happens to find himself on possibly the best option for the particular track in question, and yep, each and every track is its own challenge with different offerings, some more and some less suitable to our S1000s to fully open up, stretch the wire and get into the giddy zone......This one is another box to tick and hope to sample Jerez and Portimao next two choices down the line -followed by Mugello perhaps .... hope to see you out on one some time !! Cheers - GB.

Back