Carbon belly pan.

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DJUK

Reaction score
My question is, is this a race one? I'm assuming it is as it there's holes that I can't figure out where there meant to connect to. It's on my bike with the front 4 holding it on, feels sturdy enough though...

would there be a problem with me fitting it to my original fairings...?

I have one similar, there is somewhere a fitting kit but with astronomical prices. Mine has no rear fixings, don't feel the necessity.

So is yours connected to the original fairings? Or race ones? As I believe there different...

It's has 4 holes where it connects to the side fairings (2 each side) but the rear two holes don't line up anywhere near the original holes on the bike. I've seen the fitting kit. 40quid I do believe. Got it saved on the phone, but as there's no photo of the items on their internet page I'm a bit reluctant to buy them. Could be useless. Like to see picture me. Ha.

You need a kit of some sort for the 2 at mid point. They came with my carbon road bellypan from ilmberger. You could fabricate something yrself if yr that way inclined.

Attachments

• s1k side on.jpg
    s1k side on.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
So the ones where the frame ends, are they connect to anything? Also mine doesn't have the ones near the front bottom of the carbon. Near the front wheel. Can just see it on your photo.

Mine is currently held on by the two screws at the v point joining to the fairings.

Just noticed you can see through the bottom of your belly pan. It's not the same as mine.

That belly was for standard fitment 'with cat' because the cat gets so hot the heat needs to escape. the front lower screws secure to the 'v' section between both side fairings. The mid screws fit with extra brkts. There is also a hole either side you can't see that secured the rear to the cat assembly when it was on.

Right. Mine doesn't have the holes that are at the front section of the belly pan at the bottom. I've had to un screw all the inside parts to the bike behind the wheel. Think it's called the front v fairing piece. Taken that out.

From your picture mines currently held on with the two screws that are next to the 2D & BMC sticker on yours. Obviously the other side too. So all in all, 4screws are holding it to the bike. Do you think that will be enough to hold it to the bike or should I order the extra brackets?

I've got a Carbon King full length bellypan, it too mounts off the two side fairing bolt holes. I gave then mounted it off the original bolt hole near the R/h side rear set as the OEM fairing does, but I of if need to put a small peice of brake hose behind the fairing joke to support & also ensure you don't overtighten a distort the fairing. On the gear shift side I'm running the HP reverse gear shift linkage for which I mounted the belly pan off the linkage support bracket, again as you would have to do if using the OEM fairing. I will say that when fitting the HP reverse shift you have to cut the end mounting section off the OEM to fit the linkage but the linkage has a new mounting point to secure the fairing. Also when fitting the carbon race fairing I had to do the same modification by cutting the end mount/ fairing section off to mount to the linkage. In all the fairing if well secured and doesn't flex.

Thanks for the photos. The holes in mine don't come close to the rear oem holes... Shall have to look again tomorrow.

Got the brackets. Fitted the right side (brake lever) perfectly. But the left side is different to everyone else's. Well compared to your photos and all the ones I've seen. Doesn't look like it's been chopped though so don't know what to think. Will just have to leave it loose on the left side. I'll post a photo in 5

was your belly pan brand new or second hand?...if second hand it may have been cut back to accommodate a different gear linkage like the one I'm running?

Infact it is, just had another look. Seller on eBay didn't mention it. I am not best pleased!!

Meant to be a bit of carbon there. They obviously knew it was broken as they've put a rubber thing in a newly drilled hole!

Second hand. If I'd of know I wouldn't of bought it. Well not for the price I paid. I'd of bidded less!

yep that's had the section cut out when running a reverse linkage as the hole in the bellypan would match up to the hole on the linkage mounting arm , like in my photo above, failing that you can make a small 'dog legged' bracket from alloy that will mount of the OEM hole onto the bellypan hole. this would give more support too..

Latest posts

Back