Buzzing!

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blitz

Reaction score
I've done over a 1000 miles now on my 2015RR, I'm loving the bike but I seem to get a lot of vibration through the R/H foot peg and handle bar. Is anyone else experiencing this,and any ideas on how I might be able to stop it. I Guess if BMW couldn't I haven't got much chance

I've done over a 1000 miles now on my 2015RR, I'm loving the bike but I seem to get a lot of vibration through the R/H foot peg and handle bar. Is anyone else experiencing this,and any ideas on how I might be able to stop it. I Guess if BMW couldn't I haven't got much chance

Used to get this on my gen2 bike, really got on my wick, but don't get it at all on my gen3 (nor on the gen3 demo bike I originally tried), bar ends will help but speak to the dealer to check there's nothing else amiss

+ 1 - Forgot to mention it during the 600 mile service... will be going for the bar ends anyway.

I found mind was quite buzzy the first time I took it out, to the point that after the first 50-60 miles I had numb fingers. I've now got ~400 miles on the bike, and suddenly realised the other day that it's stopped making my hands numb.

Because I'm anal about things, I have run the bike in totally to the book - so no more than 7K RPM for the first ~180miles or so (apart from a couple of experiments!), and obviously I'm still limited to 9K RPM anyway. Doubt that will make any difference, but my vibration is totally gone now.

Thanks for the replies, I will try the bar ends, and hopefully that will stop the numb fingers

Thanks for the replies, I will try the bar ends, and hopefully that will stop the numb fingers

I got some of i think it was GixerChuck (something like that) and they are brilliant!!

Simon

I've got the bar ends from Gixxer as well and have never had any vibration issues since. They are beautifully crafted and I know a lot of time went into perfecting them before offering them up for sale on here.

Latest posts

Back