Brembo RCS

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alex

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
BMW think the issue with my brake lever is the Master Cylinder internals starting to fail...hurrah. I'm testing an monitoring at the moment.

Ammusingly the guys in the workshop all told the service manager to tell me to get a Brembo RCS as a replacement (not the OE one).

Anyone know of the best place to get one?
How do you fit one?
Tools?
Just wondering if I can do it.

Hi Alex what's the problem with your front brake ? I've noticed mine has gone quite shit all of a sudden I took it back to bmw they changed the fluid and I've cleanest the disks and roughed up the pads but still it hasnt got the initial bite it once had

I've got a spongy lever (oo-er). Basically the travel on it is far beyond what it is on others. There's sometimes a click in the movement which I think is the seals.

So BMW think it's on it's way out, but not "dangerous" yet. Bike is out of warranty so time for another upgrade me thinks.

Best advice it to test the lever on yours vs one's at the garage / a mates. See if the travel differs and if it's consistant.

QQ. Is the Brembo RCS a universal part? Or is there a specific one for the S1000RR?
I'm assuming universal so any of them will fit? (Just bar diameter would be a concern?)

Latest posts

Back