Brembo M4 Calipers 100mm

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattals

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Help please....Looking to upgrade my Calipers to Brembo M4.

I have seen some for sale but do the 100mm ones bolt straight on?

Or what do I need to fit?

Will upgrade the master cylinder too to Brembo.

Bolt on but you need to remove the locating sleeves and change the front brake lines.

- Alex

Removing hollow dowel pin can be tricky but otherwise it's bolt on. M4 requires a different set of lines as bleeding screw has a different location.

I have a set of M4 calipers for sale(BMW fitment)with brake line to keep ABS.I Also have 1 new set ebc gpfax,one set part worn gpfax pads and also set of I day old performance friction pads.

The easiest way to remove the locating dowel is to move the caliper out of the way, screw the original bolt back in and then clamp the dowel to the bolt with say a pair of pliers or mole grips, doesn't need much in terms of grip. As you unscrew the bolt, it not only stops the dowel crushing but the unscrewing pulls the dowel out if it's got corroded in. A bit of heat/WD40 doesn't hurt either. J

The easiest way to remove the locating dowel is to move the caliper out of the way, screw the original bolt back in and then clamp the dowel to the bolt with say a pair of pliers or mole grips, doesn't need much in terms of grip. As you unscrew the bolt, it not only stops the dowel crushing but the unscrewing pulls the dowel out if it's got corroded in. A bit of heat/WD40 doesn't hurt either. J

wish i'd thought of this!! had to cut mine out.

I have a set of M4 calipers for sale(BMW fitment)with brake line to keep ABS.I Also have 1 new set ebc gpfax,one set part worn gpfax pads and also set of I day old performance friction pads.

I should have said,these fit without removing the dowels.

Yes,the OE brake lines will not fit on M4 calipers so the brake line needs replacing.
If you disconnect the ABS,the lines run direct to the master cylinder.
If you wish to retain the ABS,you need to replace the line through to the ABS pump(which is what this line is for) and leave the line from pump to master cylinder.

I have taken some photos but,being an old luddite,I need to fathom out how to get it from my phone to this site!
Alternatively,PM me your phone no. and I'll send it to you-I think I can manage that!

Last edited:
There are.any calipers that can put without change de brake lines?

Enviado desde mi Mi 9T Pro mediante Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back