Brake pads

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes hard on throttle and hard on brakes all the time. I'm always braking at the very last possible point into a corner. I use to doodle on old bikes but the S1RR makes it hard to want to ride slow.

I'm a big guy (big bones honest lol) and that has affected me on every bike for tyres and brakes.

I had a VN900 custom for 2 years before buying the S1 (wife wanted me to have something slower) and I went through pads on that in 4000k when other people on forums were getting 20k from the OEMs.

I keep spare pads in garage all the time and a set at work in my locker. And i'm changing the same day I hear the first metal/metal sound. The OEMS and brembo's were metal/metal, the EBC and Bendix half worn (saving for a track day) Goldren worn to about 3mm, the cheap ones I'm using now have just gone on.

Maybe I should, Fuel as well.

I don't know what milage you guys get but in Rain mode I average between 100-120 miles from full tank to fuel light on and it's down to 60/70 miles in race mode.

Maybe I should, Fuel as well.

I don't know what milage you guys get but in Rain mode I average between 100-120 miles from full tank to fuel light on and it's down to 60/70 miles in race mode.
Average for me is 100- 130 in Race mode road use.

Ever tried to Smooth out your riding a bit Ross?

I've done 147 in Rain mode when really trying hard to conserve fuel. My riding is smooth enough but perhaps I should change gear sooner.

I'll be fitting another set of pads soon (5th set). I find the SBS don't last long.

The OEM brembos twice as expensive but last twice as long.

I'm going back to the Bendix cheaper set and replace it twice (whenever), means I'll can clean up the calipers & pistons more often, not such a bad thing.

Going donington at the end of the month so given the brakes a check clean and fluid change today. Noticed the pads a nearly dead so need to swap em. Question is do I go for oem again or upgrade to the brembo fast road pad? Any one used em on track?

(And Ross please don't mention those eBay pads I wouldn't put them in my push bike lol)

(And Ross please don't mention those eBay pads I wouldn't put them in my push bike lol)

I wouldn't use these pads for the Track, but for riding it hard everyday commuting to work and back they are perfectly good pads, and its a shame you assume they are crap based on priced. Splash out £34 and I'd bet you would be surprised at how OK they are for general use, and if you really (and honestly) didn't like them at least you'd have an emergency set sat in garage.

I'm not a weekend warrior like most bike (s1000) riders, I don't have a car license and have always used bikes for day to day travelling, so saving £40 on pads is a god send.

I'm on 12k and had 1x oem then 1x brembo and now on my second set of sbs which feel just as good on track. Sadly I'm a big guy 100kg and have an issue with keeping the throttle open love it to much.

Been through 8 rear tyres 4 front. Currently running m5's
4 sets of front pads
3 sumps

Average tank range is normally around 78miles

Done about 15 track days

Your a wiser man than me Andy. They work a treat and have enough stopping power, but they almost killed me the other day.

I've just commented on how in another brake pad thread.

Back