BMW WARRANTY-replacement vehicle

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IMORTAL_Indian

Reaction score
Do they only give out cars, or can they provide bikes?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was told today they only provide cars. Will call them again in the morning

e778f56563a94abae619eab32b920211.jpg

Hey Rob. Battery is being drained while at being ridden. Stator or Reg/Rec issue.
It?s at Bahnstormer today. Hopefully get it back soon enough.

Last edited:
You should get a replacement bike for the duration. I've had both my Gen 3 and 4 have warranty work. The gen 3 I had needed recovering and Roadside assist asked if i would require a bike and said they would deliver one to me! The Gen 4 (Present) also need a fair bit of work and Oxford gave me an R Nine T for a week, they said i could change if i wanted. But I liked the idea of trying out my inner hipster.

For warranty work they don't have to provide you with anything.

For roadside assistance (breakdown as above) then you will get a hire car/bike (I've only ever been offered a car) while they fix it

So they never called me for a hire car?. Which is not the end of the world?.

However they think the cause of the battery drain is the BikeTrac unit ?.?

They have sent if off for a new internal battery. Not convinced but let?s hope that?s the cause.

Hope that sorts the issue. I assume they checked the regulator/rectifier and charging circuit? My Biketrac unit does drain the battery if bike not used for a few weeks, but it shouldn't drain while bike in use.

Back