BMW Track weekend 7/8 November at Park Algar

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mibridger

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
So, anyone on here interested in the BMW only track weekend at Park Algar (Portugal) November 7th/8th

It's being run by Focused Events like the one at Donington Park last Saturday.

I'm not promoting it, just wonder if there is any interest ? I'm thinking hard ;-)

Thank's but I'm at Almeria next week so will be all blown out until next year.

If you do a European event with Focused events, you'll be lucky if you get your bike back in one piece, or if at all. Bunch of #unts. Don't use them!!!!

So I asked FE what the deal was for using a supplied bike? IE it's advertised for ?999 for the trip...is that for me using my bike OR using the BMW supplied bikes? I just got this answer.

"This cost only includes you using your own bike, if you wish to use a hire bike it will cost ?399 per day which includes tyres, there will also be an indemnity you need to pay prior to the event for ?1000.00, should you be unfortunate enough to have an accident on the bike you just pay for the damage done to the bike. It will be a 2015 model bike you will be using"

?1800 +++ damages for 2 days. Quite glad I'm busy that weekend now.

I'm going! All booked up. Birthday treat from the missus! :D

With regards to the bike transport, FE told me that BMW are looking to organise for riders to be able to drop their bikes at their local dealer and they will liase directly with FE for the transport. As this is an official BMW Motorad/Tyco event I doubt there will be issues with transport damage (I bloody hope not anyway!). But it's the first time I've used FE for a Euro trip so I can't talk from personal experience.

Also if you have your bike insured with BMW (as I have) it's covered with Track Day insurance as it's an official event, which is a bonus.

I can't wait, first euro track day trip!

if anyone else is going please give me a shout.

All the best,
Marc

Im in alcarrass a week before so "im out"

I'm going, just booked it.

Did the last Tyco BMW / Focused day at Donny. That was great.

So, anyone on here interested in the BMW only track weekend at Park Algar (Portugal) November 7th/8th

It's being run by Focused Events like the one at Donington Park last Saturday.

I'm not promoting it, just wonder if there is any interest ? I'm thinking hard ;-)

Still a few places left,

Hi Ian_J

Took my bike into my local BMW dealer today, did you get that option on the Fireblade?

I'm flying from Gatwick, Picture of my bike below, if you see me there come over

bit off topic but how do you compare the moto 2 slicks compare to the normal Motorsport stuff, I've just put a set on my bike but only got for a few laps on last session of the day, somebody mentioned they wear very quick but not sure if that was just there bike set up or what, looks like a hard front and medium rear? let me know how they hold up! bike looks tidy!

Is that the full Akrapovic Evolution system, or a slip on ?

Would be interested in your opinion of the exhaust, have you mapped the ECU or made any other changes ?

Akrapovic claim a 10BHP hike in the midrange, have you noticed this ?

Would appreciate your opinion, I am thinking of buying this system, I have an AR slip on at the moment.

Great looking example :D
Where are the fairings from?
What DB are you seeing from the exhaust?

bit off topic but how do you compare the moto 2 slicks compare to the normal Motorsport stuff, I've just put a set on my bike but only got for a few laps on last session of the day, somebody mentioned they wear very quick but not sure if that was just there bike set up or what, looks like a hard front and medium rear? let me know how they hold up! bike looks tidy!

Moto 2 Dunlops are really great tyres, the back lasts about 2 track days and the front does 4 track days, yes hard front medium back, tyre more likely to tear if pressure wrong, I run 19 - 22 back 32 front

Is that the full Akrapovic Evolution system, or a slip on ?

Would be interested in your opinion of the exhaust, have you mapped the ECU or made any other changes ?

Akrapovic claim a 10BHP hike in the midrange, have you noticed this ?

Would appreciate your opinion, I am thinking of buying this system, I have an AR slip on at the moment.

Full system, with BMW HP race map. Race map has other features like adjustable traction in all modes, with baffle it's still noisy, I've been pulled at both Donington and Silverstone but after some tinkering got through on both, race map allows servo removal without any error codes. BMW made me sign disclaimer saying I would only be using on track.

Great looking example :D
Where are the fairings from?
What DB are you seeing from the exhaust?

Fairings from
www.motoxpricambi.com
Excellent company I wanted fairings urgently so they did overnight from Italy, quality excellent,

At 5,500 rpm its 96db, but recent Silverstone trackday with no limits they tested all bikes in the fast group, at 9,000 rpm my bike was 107db but after mod to baffle got in at 105db (still at 9k rpm). Baffle out now ready for Park Algar, no noise limits

Thank you, so is that the BMW Power up kit you have fitted ?

Do mind me asking how much it was ?

Did this invalidate your warranty ?

Is that the official Akropovic DB Eater, or did you fit the one available at Donington Park (I have one of these in my Yoshimura pipe on my K5 1000, very effective).

Thanks very much for your input.

I really wanted to do the BMW weekend at Park Algar, I did the one at Donington, but I am saving for next season, have a great time ;-)

Latest posts

Back