BMW Extended Warranty

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billo01

Reaction score
I guess it's coming up to that time when 2015 owners have the option to extend their warranty. Before I go phoning the dealer, as it's easier to get an answer here, anybody know what the options and costs are?

I've had the mailshot in the post for the 'free check' before the warranty expires that coincidentally takes place at the annual service and carried out by specially trained BMW Motorrad Service personnel.

Cheers

You can pay monthly, think its around ?35 ish, or annually for a small discount. I have it on my bike and it has been worthwhile. It will also be a good selling point if you decide to sell the bike in future.

As far as I am aware there are no options other than to take it or leave it.

That's interesting info - thanks.

So does it cover everything covered by the initial (2 year?) warranty? Does it mean that serving has to be done by certain garages? That ?35 is just for the warranty, not servicing etc? Is there a max time limit for it? I assume there can be no gap in between when the initial warranty runs out and taking on the extended warranty?
In terms of transfer, it would just be peace of mind for any future purchaser (they could stop paying the ?35 assuming it's transferable)?

Rgds

I suppose the extended warranty is only ever good value if you end up being unlucky enough to claim on it. I like the fact that it also carries on the recovery for you, but only in the UK. I wonder how many people will get caught out with this abroad.

Back