BMW Club day Snetterton August 6th

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the BMW club track days are well organised (so ive been told) was thinking of doing it, but also Johnboy has suggested a track evening at Cadwell for £39. I just need to get a day off to do either. And time is running out ;)

phil link=topic=1188.msg10861#msg10861 date=1343313458 said:
I think the BMW club track days are well organised (so ive been told) was thinking of doing it, but also Johnboy has suggested a track evening at Cadwell for £39. I just need to get a day off to do either. And time is running out ;)
You know you want to Phil :)

This years days (2013) are going to be on Monday June 10th and Monday August 12th, I'll put more details on when I've got time, meanwhile you can go to www.bmwclub.org.uk then to registers, then scroll down to sporting, click and hey presto you'll see info, entry forms and pics!

This years days (2013) are going to be on Monday June 10th and Monday August 12th, I'll put more details on when I've got time, meanwhile you can go to www.bmwclub.org.uk then to registers, then scroll down to sporting, click and hey presto you'll see info, entry forms and pics!

Are these any good? Value for money? I assume the track days are for ANY kind of BMW bike? And when they say "road bikes only" does that mean they have to have lights and standard fairings etc? Mine still has lights and road fairing but ive removed my tail tidy and indicators and i dont run slicks (yet!) - would that be ok and classed as a road bike?

Ive just heard back from Robert (i believe thats you Bins, correct!!?) - anyway, thank you for getting back to me, much appreciated. Will take a look at the forms and the links you sent me and look at getting booked on. And i totally take your point on the number plate and that wont be a problem.

Hi to all reading this, Hoops is correct, road legal bikes only, however we will not be checking tax discs! if you turn up with racing numbers, slicks and tyre warmers I will question the legality of getting petrol if the MSV tank runs dry. Our main selling points to justify £20 - £25 more than a standard day are..... we guarantee not to overcrowd the track, we have 3 groups and call then cautious, inter and experienced, numbers in each group are 36, 40 and 44 plus instructors, the circuit limit is 66 and that can look like the M25, BMW GB usually bring a fleet of demo bikes, I'm still waiting for confirmation for this year, we insist on all bikes showing a number plate, this enables us to identify any unsafe riding, in the cautious group we have the first session doing training, at present out of 23 riders booked into that group for June, 11 have never been on track before, 6 have never been to Snet' the others have done a max of 2.
In the past we have run days at Snetterton, Mallory, Donnington, Cadwell and Goodwood, I may have forced too much training on experieced riders in the past but now I feel we have the optimum format for a beginner friendly day whilst giving the experieced riders freedom to do thier own thing as long as they respect slower riders and treat them with care.

By running the day the way we have done, we are very proud to say that last year we had no red flags, so every rider got their full track time, at present with 2 and 1/2 months to go the days are 48% full with the cautious group 66% full.

It's not just a track day, I never miss an oportunity to make the day more enjoyable, we even have a sweep stake at £1 a go to guess how long it takes me to do the briefing, half the money goes as a prize the other half goes to buy the instructors lunch. Want to read some of my motorcycling experiences? go to eastofenglandbikers welcome section and look for bins (my nickname from as early as I can remember), hope I don't put you off but Matt Hull from 'Ride' Magazine describes me as "mad as a box of frogs" there was a double page spread last year sometime, I'll add more later!!!

Please ask any questions

Hi Baz, I see you are on line, what do you think, good for beginners?

Latest posts

Back