Blue / white / dark smoke and engine losing power ;( bmw assistance!!

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thomas

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Hi folks

unfortunately today my bady let me down;( I don't know what happened but i tell you symptoms.
Was nice whether so I decide go take a ride have looks UGP with friends, but first we go to BP garage get petrol . After filling fuel we go straight to ugp and I noticed bike not reacting on throttle and loosing power , qick shifter not working properly, guys after me spot white/blue smoke after that dark . Bike just stop and now not start any more ;(

at this moment i waiting for bmw assistance will l se what they say ? Im really mad because ugp start this week and I will b propably 1-2 weeks with out bike F**K ;(

image.jpg

Unless you've stuck diesel in it (!) the dealer will need to give it the once over, sorry to hear you've had more bad luck..

does sound like it could be diesel, if it was fine before you filled up ?

Reads like unburnt fuel...coil/plug/injector but yes Diesel wouldn't burn well either!

Reads like unburnt fuel...coil/plug/injector but yes Diesel wouldn't burn well either!

yes could be but unburnt petrol does not usually cause white/blue smoke oil does that,
and if the bike has not been decatted the sensors would pick up a trace of unburnt fuel and cut the fuel at the injectors before it damaged the cat

I've seen a car flood a cylinder and lots of white smoke came out. But diesel is a heavier oil so its more likely right now than a sudden and terminal failure.

- Sent from Mobile

Last edited:
NEW update ..

So that was misfueling it's mean diesel mixet with petrol ;( i dont know how it's happend but s**t happends ;(
driver from assistance drain all from the tank and we fill it a NEW petrol but not start ;( we try it about one hour but nothing just white smoke from exhaust ;( finally recovered to BMW dealer ;( i come back to Bp petrol station and check what exactly i was put in to my bike ..... and it's mistake the nozzle was blue with green emblemat BP that reason why i make mistake ;-/ it was ULTIMATE but diesel not petrol ;( i think the diesel should b allways BLACK not blue or other but anyway it is my mistake so i need to pay all from my pocket for fixing my bike ;((

i go to BMW dealer and ask what next ? Unfortunately All the mechanics are on sick leave and they can look in to my bike in thursday but do nothing till next week ;( just conect to computer and check about any sensors Damage ;( so any way service Man said , we need to replace spark plugs and fuel filter clean up throttle body and check lambda sensors , plus my b damage catalic converters because of diesel fumes ;( so propably my bill not to end on 1000? ponunds ;-0 but worst thing is we have great weather and ugp , but im stuck with out my bike ;( ofcourse they offered my replacement bike but just for few hours per day not for all time ;(

anyway if any of you had the same or similar situations just let me known how it's end . Many thanks

One more thing ... It was wierd because was No any errors at the dash screen even red light or something like a that ??
absolutely nothing !?

If the cats are damaged...remove them, decat.
Potentially you're looking at new injectors/pump/fuel system and a cleaned tank.
Get the list of parts from BMW then look around for 2nd hand if the cost of new is astronomical. Patience and time will save money.

- Sent from Mobile

Last edited:
Seriously i feel like a asshole ! Never ever think it's happen to me ;-/ i allways check it's right one nozzle , but this time was to quick . But why the nozzle was fit to my tank ?? Should be a bigger than petrol avoid to make a mistake like a me ;( f sake ;((

alex yes ofcourse if the cats arę damaged i will make a decat ;) No replace any other cats ;)

just to let us known picture how looks a nozzle ....
image.jpg
Blue so i was talking with friends and just looked it's ULTIMATE is ok and grab it put to the tank fill it to the end and thats it :( if will b BLACK i will b know is some thing wrong even guy at the till say nothing ! If he ask me " diesel " i will b know something wrong and not start the engine ! But today was not my day ;)

finger cross not too much was damaged ....

I once put some diesel in a petrol car but no damage was done, so fingers crossed for you

I wouldn't be too hard on yourself. You are not the first and you won't be the last to fill up with the wrong fuel. Another member recently did the same but luckily realised before the diesel got to the engine. I am waiting for the day I do it :).

BP's pumps are particularly bad - I have to read them 3 times before picking the nozzle up.

Made worse now all the pipes are black. Much better when they used green pipes and nozzles for unleaded, red for leaded and black only for diesel, or am I just showing my age

I once put some diesel in a petrol car but no damage was done, so fingers crossed for you
Thanks for good words ;) i spend about 2 hours on reading in internet about it and everyone who do it like a me said it's just clean up carbs replace sparkplugs and filter and was ok bike come back to normal ;) so hope so will b ok ;)

I put diesel in my bike once, drained it no problems. Clean spark plugs and should be ok

Jay did You do it Your s1000rr ? And start driving to the stop ? Like me ;) if yes that's great news for me;) so it's mean should be fine, hopefully;) if not then I don't think so my bill will lover than 2 gran ;(
this will be a great lesson for me ;(

btw guy's thanks for your support ��

T.K

Sorry to read about this Thomas, my friend done this a few months back on his BMW K1600, it cost around ?400 all in to make right. Hope you get it sorted for a good price.

JimmyMac

Hi Thomas, I did this 3 years ago when I had my 2011 s1k, pulled in fuel station filled it up in a rush to get home then just over a mile down the road it cut out , I realised straight away what I'd done. When I got it back home I removed the tank and drained the diesel, flushed it through with petrol. I then replaced the plugs and filter (plugs are a little awkward to get to) and built it back up. Dropped a little fuel down the bores to help fire it up and away she went. Took it for a steady 10 mile run then dropped it in my local BM dealer just to hook it up to the tis machine and clear any fault codes and check none we're brought up. There was no damage whatsoever to the cats and it ran just as good as before. All in all it cost me about ?190 including the reset. What I would say is contact Stephen on this forum and get the bike over to him if you don't want to attempt doing it yourself,

Latest posts

Back