2017 Engine failure, missed track day and replacement!

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Mark.

I have to say I agree with them, all engines do have their own noises. Mines makes more of a buzz on start up which tends to be oil getting up the the top end after it?s been sat for a while.
We?ve had camshaft ticks, we?ve had tensioner noises and also the balance valve in the headers (the one that connects cylinder 1 & 4) chatter at all sorts of Rev ranges.
As Reiten say, they all seem to have something.
I know it?s tricky not to worry, but that?s all you can do until something (but hopefully never) goes wrong. Same with anything you use :)

Tim.

No worries.
Please don?t think I?m undermining you or the fact that you may have a noise, just sharing experience :)
If ever you fancy a ride up to Norfolk I?ll gladly get my guys to put an ear to it too. Just as a second opinion.

Proper customer service there, and rightly so.

I bought a brand new BMW (car) and have been arguing over it not being fit for purpose for the last 8+ months, now with the Ombudsman to reject the vehicle, all because their customer service was abysmal. Glad to see there's still some decent companies out there!

Latest posts

Back