Birthday presents to myself

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

powders

Reaction score
I ordered a new helmet and a carbon fibre front mudguard for my 2011 and both arrived on Friday.Happy days. So Saturday morning out with the paddock stand and popped on the new mudguard gave the bike a wash and lubed the chain.
I got a free wd 40 chain wax with the helmet so used it.
OMG what a difference. The gear changes have never been smoother and it's so easy to select neutral now.
I always lube my chain once a week anyway as I commute but this stuff is amazing.
I've tried every type of chain lube over the years but I can't recommend this highly enough !!!

Happy Birthday. It's great when we get presents for ourselves. I use it as justification for getting stuff without the missus raising an eyebrow and otherwise thinking I'm wasting money on unnecessary extras.

Whose carbon did you go for by the way?

Hi Bill
In the end I went for a company from Slovenia
Called carbofox, they advertise through eBay.
Very happy with it seems really well made everything lined up perfectly and received it really quickly.
But I'm already looking at the rear hugger
to match now , it never ends ������

Yeah I was a bit cautious too but I kept getting pulled back to them, price and glossy photos
So decided I'd take a gamble and just order one piece ie front mudguard as I never liked the blue and red one on my motorsport so it was always going to look better Imo.
Glad I did now.

Latest posts

Back