Bikes 'delivered' on flatbed!

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alex

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
What a mess. Is the RR owner on here?

http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle...kes-piled-onto-lorry/27971.html#ixzz3giQXS01s

A GROUP of bikers were furious when a transport company returned their bikes damaged and piled together on the back of a lorry.

The Red Lion Biker's club from Derby had taken their bikes on a tour of Spain and Portugal and arranged for Cars Go Transport to return their machines from Malaga to the UK.
Photos posted on Facebook show the reunion - three weeks later - when the owners were confronted with the sight of their bikes piled onto the back of a lorry, some of which are literally lying one on top of another.

Biker Mark Andrew said his five-week-old BMW S1000RR was returned damaged with 'scratches and paint rubs off in seven areas including the exhaust and the engine casing.'

He also reported the bikes were covered in footprints across the saddles and tanks.
Police were called when the argument between the delivery driver and the bikers grew heated and officers stayed until all the machines were unloaded from the lorry.
Gary Lucas, director of Malaga based Cars Go Transport, told Visordown: 'We are investigating what happened after the motorcycles reached the UK from Malaga airport where I personally loaded them for the UK. They left Malaga and arrived at the transport company's yard in Essex where they obviously got redirected to Derby using another transporter. I'm not yet understanding what occurred, other than the photos you would have seen.

'As I say we want to find out what has happend as well and am sorry for the guys and their bikes.'

I saw that on Visor Down - disgrace. I'm still to be convinced, on a biking holiday, of using someone to transport your bike. Especially if this happens.

. I'm still to be convinced, on a biking holiday, of using someone to transport your bike. Especially if this happens.
+1 , I always prefer to ride even if it takes a few extra days. I must say though, Focused events transport Bikes to and from Spain and load them really well, the bikes stay on the FE trucks.

I think this is the difference...If they stick the same truck and it's the correct type then it's all ok. This lot were clearly moved from 1 lorry to another and in the middle someone decided that it didn't matter how they were treated.

Latest posts

Back