Best ever bike you've owned

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ianbullsey

Reaction score
...........until my 2015 S1Thou I'd definitely say my K5 GSXR1000 (I hadn't ridden since 2010, I bought the S1Thou last July.
Ian, Durham UK

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
The "best" bike I've ever owned is without doubt my 15 S1K too!

Before that, and possibly still tied as my most "enjoyed" bike, was my 2008 (I think lol) KTM 450 SXF.
Had some great Motocross memories with that bike and a good group of riding buddies, which made all the difference really.

Oli

Before my '15RR? My gen 2 RR :) The bike I wish I'd kept, which I had from new, first got my knee down on and still don't know why I sold it was my '03 R1.

Before my '15 S1k...Starting a trend here aha.

Had to be my Yamaha R6 2009 - Crashed this bike 3 times and then it got stolen. Good times

Last edited:
my gen 3 but like you my gixer 1000's K5's. i had 2 of them the first was s/h and i kept it 2 years then found a new zero miles one in 2008 which i bought as soon as i spotted it. :)

2010 KTM 990 SM-T, still looking for another at a decent price. Comfy, fast enough for the road and once the fuelling and suspension was sorted it was an incredible bike.

Strangely, never needed to change the front tyre.......but then again it was waving in the air most of the time :)

Apart from the S... '96 VFR750 easily one of the best bikes ever made. Couldn't fault it. I would've kept it but I couldn't justify owning it and not riding it..

Toss up between my 99 R1 or my 2007 R1 I reckon, naturally the S1000RR smashes them in terms of outright power but both of them bikes once they were setup cornered like a dream and never failed to put a grin on my face. I can't say that I have had a bad bike really, I tend to be quite critical of what I buy before I spend my money so generally end up with what I am looking for more or less.

I would have said my 98 ZX9R given that you used to outrun the R1 but stopping it was another matter :ambivalence:

Not necessarily the best bike, but most fun times were had on my GSXR750 L1. I went everywhere on that thing. There is something about wringing the neck of a smaller bike... still incredibly rapid though once you had it spinning.

RR9 Blade ..the linear power delivery from a turbine smooth motor was immense...great brakes and impeccable handling. My continual rear tyre wear was indicative of how easy it was to ride. my 2CTs were always worn down across the full width down to the limit...

Great machine

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Daytona 650 for me, cornered like a dream, bit underpowered but a lovely ride.

Had a few before my 17.... RC8r was a great bike.....but the Sk1 is the winner

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back