Battery Swap Worthwhile?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlanK

Reaction score
Firstly can i check the 2012/2014 battery is the same as 09-11 ie YTZ10S?

Just that I have a lipo battery in ny cbr which looks like it would fit if this is the case so wondering about buying a cheap battery this afternoon on my way to dealers to px the CBR and keep lipo for new bike (or just ask dealer to swap out new battery when i ride in...)

Firstly can i check the 2012/2014 battery is the same as 09-11 ie YTZ10S?

Just that I have a lipo battery in ny cbr which looks like it would fit if this is the case so wondering about buying a cheap battery this afternoon on my way to dealers to px the CBR and keep lipo for new bike (or just ask dealer to swap out new battery when i ride in...)

You're running a Lithium Polymer battery? (lipo) Are you sure you don't mean Lithium-ion? I would definitely keep it, they aint cheap....... and a fair bit lighter over a lead battery and can take being drawn down low without damage to the batt.

oops - was thinking of RC stuff - yeah Lithium Ion

Not sure dealer would be too happy about me asking them to swap out and a battery bought local to put in the CBR is ?70 :( That said I just found invoice for the battery and it was ?100 so not the end of the world. Would be nice though if indeed it is the same battery..

Back