Battery Swap Worthwhile?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlanK

Reaction score
Firstly can i check the 2012/2014 battery is the same as 09-11 ie YTZ10S?

Just that I have a lipo battery in ny cbr which looks like it would fit if this is the case so wondering about buying a cheap battery this afternoon on my way to dealers to px the CBR and keep lipo for new bike (or just ask dealer to swap out new battery when i ride in...)

Firstly can i check the 2012/2014 battery is the same as 09-11 ie YTZ10S?

Just that I have a lipo battery in ny cbr which looks like it would fit if this is the case so wondering about buying a cheap battery this afternoon on my way to dealers to px the CBR and keep lipo for new bike (or just ask dealer to swap out new battery when i ride in...)

You're running a Lithium Polymer battery? (lipo) Are you sure you don't mean Lithium-ion? I would definitely keep it, they aint cheap....... and a fair bit lighter over a lead battery and can take being drawn down low without damage to the batt.

oops - was thinking of RC stuff - yeah Lithium Ion

Not sure dealer would be too happy about me asking them to swap out and a battery bought local to put in the CBR is ?70 :( That said I just found invoice for the battery and it was ?100 so not the end of the world. Would be nice though if indeed it is the same battery..

Latest posts

Back