Ballistic Bike

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CJK

Reaction score
Hi all just bought a 2011 s1000rr a few weeks ago, I have only used it twice due to the weather and new tyre but I cannot believe how fast these bikes are and I have not had it out of rain mode yet lol. I have had a few different bikes, fast cars over the years but nothing compares to this it's like being strapped to a rocket. My brief time in the saddle of only 80 miles is nothing and I cannot wait to get on it get the tyre scrubbed in and have a blast....damn this weather when will we get a warm day with no road salt. The quick shifter is unreal the difference it makes to up shifts the power of this bike is out of this world. The only critisim so far is the engine on idle sounds rough and loud compared to what I am used too I have checked out the forums and apparently it's a character of the engine.

Hi all just bought a 2011 s1000rr a few weeks ago, I have only used it twice due to the weather and new tyre but I cannot believe how fast these bikes are and I have not had it out of rain mode yet lol. I have had a few different bikes, fast cars over the years but nothing compares to this it's like being strapped to a rocket. My brief time in the saddle of only 80 miles is nothing and I cannot wait to get on it get the tyre scrubbed in and have a blast....damn this weather when will we get a warm day with no road salt. The quick shifter is unreal the difference it makes to up shifts the power of this bike is out of this world. The only critisim so far is the engine on idle sounds rough and loud compared to what I am used too I have checked out the forums and apparently it's a character of the engine.

Take it easy dude..they are quick..many bikes you had before this one ?

Welcome to the site btw

stu's phone

Thanks this will be bike number 8 just got rid of an triumph st1050 always fancied a full on litre bike but never got around to it for one reason or another, I take the wife on the back a lot don't think she is happy with her new seat lol

Thanks this will be bike number 8 just got rid of an triumph st1050 always fancied a full on litre bike but never got around to it for one reason or another, I take the wife on the back a lot don't think she is happy with her new seat lol

Lol... yea bit of a difference from the Triumph... youll enjoy it even more once you fit in round about the handling and speed and get used to the bikes caracteristics.... the urgency of the thou specially in the upper quartile you will get used to...the handling..slipper clutch and those front brakes are just sublime...enjoy man and keep her ass in the kitchen

stu's phone

Yes steady away for me, trying to get used to that extra power will take a while I am no racer so I will never be capable of tapping in to anywhere near its full power :cocksure:

Yes steady away for me, trying to get used to that extra power will take a while I am no racer so I will never be capable of tapping in to anywhere near its full power :cocksure:

Haha heard it ! Sure you wont lol... you should go to the homepage on the forum and introduce yourself CJK... loads of great advice and chat on here...

Cheers

stu's phone

Last edited:
Welcome CJK, enjoy your new bike. Look after your Wife sitting on the back she must have a lot of faith in you, there are only a handful of riders I know who I would ride pillion with.

JimmyMac

I think most of my riding will be solo from now she was not to impressed with her new seat �� She will have a turn but I don't think she will be pleased the ninja I used to have she hated...spoils the handling anyway ha ha

My missus goes on the back of my RR a lot, she's a great passenger so it doesn't interfere with the fun I can have on the bike but you must fit a grabrail otherwise neither of you are going to feel safe or enjoy going on it. I've got a Renntec fitted to mine (see pic), they're about ?80 and very easy to fit. Oh yeah and it goes without saying you never whack the throttle open with a passenger, ride smoothly (but quickly!) and all will be well.

Just wish my forged wheels looked like yours MacRR, all nice and shiney.

Welcome to the forum. When I picked my bike up my wife had a very similar opinion of the pillion seat, happy days :).

Thanks guys roll on some nice weather was looking a a grab rail but I couldn't find one for the bike if it's older than an MY2012. Definitely easy on the throttle with the weight over the back, by the experience of my first 80 miles wheelies will be something that can happen very easily if you miss treat the throttle or use the throttle as intended (depending on your view). Really looking forward to trying different modes just to experience it, sports mode will be my chosen mode I think if I can ever get out of rain ����

Back